PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wake Forest Fan Board

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Wake Forest Fan Board

Postby couch 'em » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:01 pm

LIES!!! ALL LIES!!!!

honestly though, TN is beautiful, but I'd get sick of it after a while. Kinda like if I had to live in Houston, minus the nasty filth on everything.
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:38 pm

Tennessee is gorgeous.. and Tennessee women... mm let's just say Texas DOES have competition :)
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Spaz » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:03 pm

Gorgeous TN Women? Hey, some of us aren't into our sisters, Hillbilly
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:34 pm

Just to clarify TNDeac, when I said huge upsets I was talking about the Indiana Vs. Wake game and that one only.

SMU will most likely not win this game. We will turn the ball over too much and Wake will take advantage.

You are not going to beat Duke either. Although Portland sucks, did you see we kept them to 12% shooting the first half.

TN is a much better state as far as natural beauty. Texas wins on the business environment.

Go Ponies!

Go Devils!

DBB

P.S.

I hope Wake wins every other game other than Duke. Kill Carolina next week!
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby TennesseeDeac » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:52 pm

Gotta love the respect for my native turf, and it's good to see that there is some life on the SMU board. Blue Blood, no dig against you but I absolutely despise your vile team. I don't know if there are words strong enough to portray my feelings. I grew up a UK Wildcat fan and remember being reduced to tears when Laettner hit that lucky shot against us in '92. amd if it weren't for Pelphrey standing there with his thumb up his you know what there's no way he hits that... Anyways, having attended Wake Forest, I have only delved deeper into my hatred for the Blue Devils, and I can't wait to watch us reveal yall for your true colors when we play come January.
I will eat crow if Wake comes up soft against the ponies tomorrow night, but there's no chance of that happening against the Devils.
Go Deacs :devil: :devil: :devil:
TennesseeDeac

Postby ponyte » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:05 pm

Many take the west Texas Llano and desert to be without beauty. It is in the eyes of the beholder but a sunset against the Chisos mountians is something to behold. And the clouds moving beneath one as one look down on the river of clouds in the Chisos basin is quiet unique. The wide open beauty of the Llano is also unmatched.

Let us not forget that west Tenn. is a flat as a pancake. Pure river bottom country. McNairy county has the bootleggers backdrop but is nothing different from the rolling pine hills of east Texas.

As to the women, how in the world could a Deliverance type babe from Tenn stack up to a Padre Island springbreak bikini queen?
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:28 am

I'd take Dallas over nashville any day. East Tenn is beautiful, but so is much of eastern TX. To the point of sports, I'd love for SMU to be able to do what wake does. Small private school that can compete with the bigger state schools. Look at their fball team. Ford blows wake's facilities out of the water. Dallas is WAY better place to recruit to than Winston-Salem. Yet, overall, their team is better than SMU's. Shame on us.

We can beat wake, but it will take some serious determination. No sleeping like SMU did against sd. God, we should've beat sd. They SUCK. Cone on Dement. Rally the kids. Let's do it.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby MustangFan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:01 am

Originally posted by dement fan:
Trust me, Wake fans are not overlooking SMU. It's a dangerous game for us and we know it. We're still a very young team, no scholarship seniors, who is prone to having difficulty scoring in the halfcourt. We have several players nursing nagging injuries as well.
Our best returnee, Vytas Danielus, is fighting tendinitis in his knee, then sprained an ankle. He's gained weight and has temporarily lost his shooting touch.
While there's lots to be optimistic about regarding this team, there's no way that Skip Prosser will let our guys overlook you.
Go Deacs!!!(But I hope you guys have a good year, I want Dement to keep his job.)
If you're a Wake guy, what's your allegiance to Coach Dement? Hope it's a good game Monday.
MustangFan
All-American

Postby TennesseeDeac » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:50 am

To the point of sports, I'd love for SMU to be able to do what wake does. Small private school that can compete with the bigger state schools. Look at their fball team. Ford blows wake's facilities out of the water. Dallas is WAY better place to recruit to than Winston-Salem. Yet, overall, their team is better than SMU's. Shame on us.
Obviously the death penalty continues to haunt your university and the fact that you play in the WAC isn't helping either (although the move to C-USA may help some). I think Eric Dickerson summed it up best when he said he took a pay cut to go from SMU to the pros. Another reason Wake is able to perform well is that we have a strong alumni base with one of the highest donation figures per alumnus.

Get ready for a beat-down tonight boys... and if you're a betting man put some money on my Deacs 'cause the spreads only 8!!

Go Deacs!
TennesseeDeac

Postby qcdeac » Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:44 pm

[/qb][/QUOTE]If you're a Wake guy, what's your allegiance to Coach Dement? Hope it's a good game Monday. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not to speak for Dement fan, but I see he is from Greensboro, where Dement was head coach at UNC-G for a few years. Dement was my P.E. instructor(he was also the A.D. and head varsity basketball coach) for a couple of years in the early 80's before taking a volunteer assistant job at Duke under a young Coach K. Good game and nice comeback tonight. Good luck to you guys and Dement the rest of the year.
qcdeac

Postby dement fan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:08 pm

Exactly right qcdeac, I liked what Dement did here in GSO for the Spartans. He brought in some nice players and I liked his coaching style. Remember, we were stuck with Odom and anything looked better than that to me.
I was hoping that one day Dement would be in a position to replace Odom but it didn't come to pass. Of course with the Skipper I'm perfectly fine with that.

BTW, qcdeac, this is deacfreke. I started following the Ponies when Dement went there. Was hoping he'd have them farther along by now though.

<small>[ 12-15-2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: dement fan ]</small>
Do you want to step outside and settle this now?
dement fan

Postby qcdeac » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:24 pm

Can't believe he is 0-22 vs. ranked teams. At least they beat Texas Tech. I guess we have 2 reasons to cheer for the Mustangs all year.

<small>[ 12-15-2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: qcdeac ]</small>
qcdeac

Previous

Return to Basketball