PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wake Forest Fan Board

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Wake Forest Fan Board

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Here is the link to Wake's fan board. Nothing on SMU yet. They are still patting themselves on the backs for being king's of the universe.

This might be one of the biggest upsets in school history. With the Indiana butt kicking, they are going to move up at least three to four spots.
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Re: Wake Forest Fan Board

Postby CoxSMU » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:10 pm

Where's the link
Geaux Ponies and Geaux LSU!
CoxSMU
Junior Varsity

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:22 pm

Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby Southland » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:54 pm

Originally posted by Duke Blue Blood:
Here is the link to Wake's fan board. Nothing on SMU yet. They are still patting themselves on the backs for being king's of the universe.

This might be one of the biggest upsets in school history. With the Indiana butt kicking, they are going to move up at least three to four spots.
their fans are probably overlooking us, considering Wake plays at UNC that week...
Southland
Varsity

Postby Diehard Pony » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:26 pm

Their fans are probably overlooking us, considering Wake plays at UNC that week

This would be a good thing. Let's not provide them with any poster board material. "Stealth like" would be the operative words.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:57 am

That is a very early conference game.
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby dement fan » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:08 pm

Trust me, Wake fans are not overlooking SMU. It's a dangerous game for us and we know it. We're still a very young team, no scholarship seniors, who is prone to having difficulty scoring in the halfcourt. We have several players nursing nagging injuries as well.
Our best returnee, Vytas Danielus, is fighting tendinitis in his knee, then sprained an ankle. He's gained weight and has temporarily lost his shooting touch.
While there's lots to be optimistic about regarding this team, there's no way that Skip Prosser will let our guys overlook you.
Go Deacs!!!(But I hope you guys have a good year, I want Dement to keep his job.)
Do you want to step outside and settle this now?
dement fan

Postby Spaz » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:48 pm

Originally posted by Diehard Pony:
This would be a good thing. Let's not provide them with any poster board material. "Stealth like" would be the operative words.
You mean I can't flame the crap out of the oppossing team's board like I usually do?

DAMN IT!!!
You guys take away all my fun!

The Spaz
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby TennesseeDeac » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:00 pm

--Duke Blue Blood,
That might be one of the biggest JOKES I've ever heard. We are going to mop the floor with the ponies then come January we'll teach your dookies a thing or two about the new class of the ACC.

--Trying to liven' up this message board
TennesseeDeac

Postby StangEsq » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:37 am

Originally posted by TennesseeDeac:
We are going to mop the floor with the ponies
...but you will still have to live in Tennessee.
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby TennesseeDeac » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:30 am

...but you will still have to live in Tennessee.
First off, I live in Atlanta. Secondly, are you kidding me? Have to live in Tennessee? I'd much rather live in the hills of Tennessee than the dirt plains of Dallas. We've got more mountains and white water rivers in Tennessee than you've got in Texas, let alone Dallas. Have to live in Tennessee?... I would choose to live in Nashvegas over Dallas any day.
GO DEACS!
TennesseeDeac

Postby couch 'em » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:03 pm

Yes, but we have civilization. and a better class of people. If you want nature, though, we do have plains, hills, coast, forest, desert, and the Rocky Mountains all available in our state. Texas. It's like a whole other country. For a free texas travel guide......
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyte » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:22 pm

I have lived in Dallas as well as Tenn. and was born in Atlanta (Not to mention living in La and now Ark). Both Tenn. and Tx are wonderful. There is no doubt that Texas has more diverse landscape. Mountains, high plains, prairie, beautiful pine wood forest, beaches, an international border and desert. Huge cities and diverse commerce. Tenn. is also well blessed with wonderful outdoor beauty and Tenn. is the home of Jack Daniels Distillery.

Both are blessed not to have income taxes. Both have a UT (one is big and the other is little).

One has GW Bush as a native son and the other has Al Gore as a native son.

It would depend on what one wants and enjoys but for my money, it would have to be Dallas and Texas. :w00t:
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TennesseeDeac » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:40 pm

Ponyte...
All good points. You are a true diplomat... but I'll still take TN over TX. And I'd like to think the man from my High School alma mater, Bill Frist, former heart surgeon, Senate Majority Leader, and future President of the United States would be our favorite native son.
Screw Al Gore... Vote Bush in '04
TennesseeDeac

Postby OldPony » Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:59 pm

Tenn has it all over Texas as far as natural beauty. Many states do. I love the way Texans love Texas but you guys do need to get out more. Nashville is a super, livable city. Dallas is fun and man made and a great busness city but not particuarly pretty in any way. There are reasons for most cities though and for people to bag on Tenn when most haven't even spent time there is silly. I really like Texas but a lot of Texans really breathe their own smoke. There are plenty of places outside of Texas that are great places to live, work and play.
OldPony
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball