PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bobby Knight is a Fraud!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bobby Knight is a Fraud!

Postby Original Frank » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:04 am

This guy has elevated the art of bullying and cry-babying to a whole new level! His whole diatribe completely melts down when he specifically attacks the "SMU administration" and the "president of SMU" for alledged issues with SMU fans at Moody on Monday. What?!! What in the world did the SMU administration have to do with the alledged issues? And stating that the president of SMU obviously doesn't care because he must have had previous knowledge of problems in this regard reminds me of the logic I face daily with my 3rd grader. If Bobby Knight was not some sort of perverse media darling, his whole story would have been completely picked apart and dismissed prior to publication. At this point, rational thought leads us to believe:

1. Cops were all over the place. If there was something so outrageous said, why did nothing happen? The cops were very passive.
2. Bobby Knight is a sore loser.
3. Fans can absolutely get under his skin.
4. Is he trying to divert attention from his loss to SMU? Are we (or is TTech) so gullible?
5. He attacks where he is personally very vulnerable; that is, profanity and vulgar behavior.
6. The non-involved students in the area, those non-students sitting right above the subject area, and Mr. Copeland all appear to have dismissed the charges as without merit.
7. Which begs the final question: When will the media call Bobby Knight out on this subject and call him the liar that he is.
8. Anyone want to bet that there is no investigation and exoneration published in our local celbrity-loving paper?

Cowtowing to this type of boorish behavior all in the name of a basketball coach is outrageous. I was ashamed for TTech when they hired him and I have seen nothing to change my mind to date.
Original Frank
Junior Varsity

Re: Bobby Knight is a Fraud!

Postby ponyte » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:17 am

Booby Knight is a disruptive bully. He can be charming and then turn on the bullying intimidation in a moments notice. The problem is someone will tolerate his antiques. IU finally fired the guy after he is video taped choking a player. All the previous stuff was swept under the rug. Imagine Dement or Bennett trying a little Bobby Knight intimidation.

Knight attacked a kid at IU just caused the kid called him Bobby and not Mr. Knight. I would guess the fans were calling him ‘Bobby’ instead of Mr. Knight and that seems to really mess with Booby's mind.
And maybe that was what screwed up his coaching late in the game. I cannot imagine that Booby hasn't heard it all before.

If Knight were a physician, he would lose all privileges at hospitals for his behavior. If Knight were a police officer, he would have been fired. If Knight were a businessman, he would have been sued for sexual harassment by now.

But Booby’s a successful bball coach so society tolerates intolerable behavior. A sad win at all cost mentality.
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:26 am

Actually, Knight attacked the kid for saying in passing "What's up, Knight."
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:27 am

Frank, send your letter to the DMN editor, its perfect.
Hoop Fan

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:33 am

Poooor lil Bobby heard someone call him a bad name. :eek:

<small>[ 12-05-2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: PlanoStang ]</small>
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony4Life » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:38 pm

Originally posted by Hoop Fan:
Frank, send your letter to the DMN editor, its perfect.
You don't think they'd publish that, do you? They're much too interested in kissing up to him and selling papers to Tech alums, since, after all, they're the Lubbbock Morning News (or is that the Austin Morning News? Or the College Station Morning News? Wait, it's the Fort Worth Morning News....)

Of course, I hope I'm wrong. Send the letter. Let's see if they have the spine to challenge Saint Bobby by printing it.

<small>[ 12-05-2003, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Pony4Life ]</small>
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Original Frank » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:10 pm

You guys convinced me. I sent the letter to DMN. We'll just have to see if they'll print it.
Original Frank
Junior Varsity

Postby red&blue » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:30 pm

I emailed Bobby at TT. He does not list an email address, so I had to go down the list to an AD. I reminded him that HE OF ALL PEOPLE just shouldn't go there on this topic. What an idiot. Once again, he is making a total fool of himself.
red&blue
Scout Team

Postby StangEsq » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:14 am

Originally posted by red&blue:
I emailed Bobby at TT. He does not list an email address, so I had to go down the list to an AD. I reminded him that HE OF ALL PEOPLE just shouldn't go there on this topic. What an idiot. Once again, he is making a total fool of himself.
here's knight's email:
BOB.KNIGHT@TTU.EDU

copy:
BOBBY.KNIGHT.TTU.EDU
LOSER.KNIGHT.TTU.EDU
WHATUP.KNIGHT.TTU.EDU

You can also copy the following people:
Maryann.Davis@ttu.edu Senior Administrative Assistant to Head MBB
Randy.Farley@ttu.edu Associate Director / Media Relations
Les.Fertig@ttu.edu Assistant Athletic Director / MBB Operations Director
Leslie.Hartline@ttu.edu Administrative Assistant / Men’s Basketball
Bubba.Jennings@ttu.edu Video Coordinator Men’s Basketball
Tim.Knight@ttu.edu Assistant Athletic Director of Special Projects / MBB / Son of Bobby Knight :devil:

<small>[ 12-06-2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: StangEsq ]</small>
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby red&blue » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:50 am

thanks! I'm on it.
red&blue
Scout Team

Postby Spaz » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:34 pm

Originally posted by StangEsq:
Originally posted by red&blue:
[b] I emailed Bobby at TT. He does not list an email address, so I had to go down the list to an AD. I reminded him that HE OF ALL PEOPLE just shouldn't go there on this topic. What an idiot. Once again, he is making a total fool of himself.
here's knight's email:
BOB.KNIGHT@TTU.EDU

copy:
BOBBY.KNIGHT.TTU.EDU
LOSER.KNIGHT.TTU.EDU
WHATUP.KNIGHT.TTU.EDU

You can also copy the following people:
Maryann.Davis@ttu.edu Senior Administrative Assistant to Head MBB
Randy.Farley@ttu.edu Associate Director / Media Relations
Les.Fertig@ttu.edu Assistant Athletic Director / MBB Operations Director
Leslie.Hartline@ttu.edu Administrative Assistant / Men’s Basketball
Bubba.Jennings@ttu.edu Video Coordinator Men’s Basketball
Tim.Knight@ttu.edu Assistant Athletic Director of Special Projects / MBB / Son of Bobby Knight :devil: [/b]
I Tried it, it just bounced back......
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby StangEsq » Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:33 pm

[/qb][/QUOTE]I Tried it, it just bounced back...... [/QB][/QUOTE]

hmmm... should just copy some of the other people on there and perhaps they will forward.
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby red&blue » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:50 pm

I emailed one of the asst. ad's at Tech because I knew that Knight was just probably just deleting his emails. I asked her to forward the email to him. I got a very appreciative reply back from her and she said she would definitely forward it to him. I wrote her back, thanking her for her reply, and she wrote me back again. I was very reasonable to her (not to Bobby) and she replied in the same manner. I think the Tech officials are probably embarrassed at his behavior. She responded with alot of class.....
red&blue
Scout Team

Postby smudad » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:45 am

I think Tech officials are anything but embarrased out Bobby Knight. Perhaps one young lady who was raised better is uncomfortable with having to deal with the aftermath of his antics. But as a whole, Tech is getting just what they bargained for - no surprises. And every time he goes off, they probably sell a few more tickets. And their road opponents also sell more, so kids can scream at Bobby. Embarrased? I doubt it. If Gerald Meyers could keep a straight face while hiring him, this little blip probably makes him absolutely swell with pride.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby OldPony » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:39 pm

It's nice that Myers is small. That way when he sits on Booby's lap it really does look like he is talking.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball