PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Attitude at Moody

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Attitude at Moody

Postby ponyboy » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:38 am

Perhaps it's a reflection that I'm getting old, but I am getting more and more conservative as far as boorish behavior goes. For instance, while I didn't agree with Bobby Knight's physically laying his hands on the student who said "what's up Knight," I agree with him that it's inappropriate.

Having said that, I am absolutely PUMPED about the report that we got under his skin last week. No undue profanity was used, nothing was thrown at him, etc. The combination of the win, ticking off Coach Knight and the entertainment provided by the Cowboy drummer is encouraging.

Moody's getting the reputation for being a very hostile environment. This is fun and can only help our team and fan recruiting.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Attitude at Moody

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:03 pm

I'm all for a rowdy, hostile environment to help break the visitor's concentration. The one Moody incident I am ashamed of is when some yahoo threw a coin that hit Bill Tubbs. Did they ever identify that person? That should be criminally prosecuted. It's something you hear about from Fresno fans, but should not be tolerated anywhere. Throwing anything...even cups of ice as is so common around the country.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Spaz » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:57 pm

HAve you seen how close the fans are to the bench? I bet there's a good chance someone was aiming for a friend or screwing around and it could hit someone on the bench.

Just a thought

The Spaz
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby QuietManDisciple » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:45 pm

I, too, am pleased to hear that SMU students, and presumably other spectators as well, are finally making some noise and showing some emotion. For far too long Moody has been a neutral arena that has been the visiting team's for the taking. It's about time we mothballed the tradition of the subdued SMU crowd!

As for Bobby Knight, he is a master at diverting attention from his failures on and off the court. His transparent motive in this case was to put the SMU student body and the university under the media microscope instead of his first-ever loss to the Mustangs. He has played this cynical shell his entire career, which is one of the many reasons Knight is now in exile in Lubbock.
QuietManDisciple
Recruit

Return to Basketball