PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bob and Dan on Ticket

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bob and Dan on Ticket

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:25 pm

They just talked about "the incident" again - said BK was worried there wasn't more security around and they were too close in proximity to him. As for what was said, nobody really knows and the Cop said he didn't hear profanity. Copeland left his seat to see what was happening and talk to the cops. They said Copeland pretty much said "deal with, it's fans of a road game"

These two (Bob and Dan) are the biggest clowns on the local radio market. I don't know how they've been employed this long. Give me Rocco any day. Why Bobby gets a "Bob Knight" segment every week is beyond me. The press seem to still kiss his [deleted].

Secondly, any pub is good pub if you ask me..this whole little Bobby nonsense has gotten a lot of press so it's good for SMU bball.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Bob and Dan on Ticket

Postby Nacho » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:41 pm

What a crybaby. Bobby disappoints me.
Nacho

Postby OldPony » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:02 pm

I don't know if anyone has noticed and I know it's not original and may be in bad taste but Booby Knight sucks.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby KnuckleStang » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:02 pm

Agreed. Any press that promotes the image of Moody as a hostile environment for opposing teams/coaches is good press. It's all part of college sports. If I didn't know better, I'd conclude that Moody sounds like a rip-roarin fun place to watch a game.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:08 pm

I am not a Bobby Knight hater. I have heard him speak a couple times and its always worthwhile. Having said that, one of the classiest coaches in college basketball is Lou Henson. Used to coach at Illinois and went head to head with Knight for years. Lou Henson who never said a bad word about anybody calls Knight a bully. That says alot. Knight is a bully and a hypocrit. He hates the press and then he uses it to wage a PR war against SMU and its admin.
Hoop Fan

Postby OldPony » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:38 pm

Have you ever noticed that when Knight gets mad at the press that he never picks on the big guys but the youngest member of the group asking questions. The kid may ask a dumb question but so do Mussberger, Dickie V etc some times. Knight likes to bully people who can't fight back. Whoever put ears on him ruined the perfect pr!ck.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball