PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bob Knight on the game at New Mexico

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bob Knight on the game at New Mexico

Postby abezontar » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:12 pm

He said (paraphrase not quote, it was in the DMN) that the fans in New Mexico definitely have the Methodists beat when it comes to morality. Now why would he say that? It seems to me that if there was a real problem with what was said to Bobby and his team back on 12/1 that you would tell the administration, and make it known what was said to the public so that you could make sure the administration of SMU would react to make sure it didn't happen again. To keep insinuating like this makes it seem like he is just a sore loser, at least from my point of view.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Bob Knight on the game at New Mexico

Postby gostangs » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:32 pm

Yeah - like we need to take morality and proper behavior tips from Bobby Knight. What an Old Fart Windbag.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:38 pm

His comments are more ridiculous by the minute, chastising Methodists. Somebody really must have gotten under his skin and he can't let it go. If TT would have won the game, you know he wouldn't be carrying on like this.
Hoop Fan

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:12 pm

it's always better when you win. I still think Knight wants to back out of next year's game with SMU and will use this as a reason to do so, while trying to hurt SMU in the Texas recruiting wars. I hope this year's team surprises (obviously beating Tech surprised Knight), but next year this group should really be fun to watch!
Charleston Pony

Postby DiamondM » Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:50 pm

Charleston Pony -- I said the exact thing to my Tech alum husband. I think this is a set up to back out of games against SMU in the future for "safety" and "sportsmanship" reasons. He will have a game against TCU next year, and the AA Center will probably continue its "Christmas Classic." Knight has probably decided he doesn't need another Dallas appearance at a tough place to play.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:45 pm

If that is true, SMU should be proud. How long has it been since a school avoided SMU because of our crowd and/or the fear of losing??
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Return to Basketball