PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why Knight was mad

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Why Knight was mad

Postby Houston Pony » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:56 pm

I know somebody in the know, and they said it wasn't WHAT our fans were saying, but it was the fact that they're RIGHT on top of the opposing coach.
He had a ton of kids in his ear, and that freaked him out.
You gotta love the friendly confines of Moody!
Houston Pony
Junior Varsity

Re: Why Knight was mad

Postby Spaz » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:11 pm

Is that not a feature at many other arenas? I like that there are available seats about 5 feet from the action. It really makes the games that much more exciting...
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby RE Tycoon » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:08 pm

The Students ARE really close at Moody, but to give the visitors some sort of relief the first three rows or so directly behind the visiting bench are blocked off for their fans and other support staff.

Go 'stangs!
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyte » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:40 am

This is a joke, right? Knight had a tissy because SMU fans were yelling during the game and just happened to be close to the TTU bench?

What form of major wussy has Knight become? One wonders if Knight has an instant firing clause if he attacks (verbally or physicially) anyone while he is representing TTU.

Imagine what was going through that ganglion of a brain Knight has, "Must not choke kid....must not throw chair...what is the score?"
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:55 am

There is a letter in this morning's DMN from a Tech grad who is attending SMU Law School. He claims to have been sitting in the area behind the Tech bench and says that the SMU students there were drinking whiskey they had snuck in and were using a lot of profanity to heckle Knight. Since I was not there, but some of you were...if he is lying, someone needs to call his hand in a letter to the DMN.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:59 am

Our law school let a Tech grad in???? :hmm:
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Spaz » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:20 am

Uh, I didn't see anything, but that sounds like an accurate description......OF ANY COLLEGE'S FANS!!!
Tech fans were getting kicked out of the stadium at the football game for drinking out of binoculors flask
BTW, that has to be the most brilliant thing I've ever seen, especially since I think one eye piece was a flask and the other was actually telescopic. That way, you can hide your liquor AND check out the cheerleaders.....I MEAN watch plays.....
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Return to Basketball