PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

No Wilson

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: No Wilson

Postby PonyLawExpress » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:56 pm

gostangs wrote:that all makes sense for sure. Wasn't McDowell thought of as at least a reliable shooter in open space out of high school? If it is confidence that will come quickly, and if he can do even that, I would think he should be on the floor a ton. He just looked like the only guy at Michigan game that was interested in distributing the ball where it needed to go vs just dribbling around the perimeter.

Guess I saw his play as about the only bright spot in that game.

McDowell put up some big time HS numbers (including a few triple-doubles). Most of his scoring from anything i ever saw was attacking the basket and in transition. It's not like he has no shot at all, but at this stage of his career he likely has one of the weakest shots on the team. He just isn't a consistent college game shooter yet, shown by his struggles at the FT line (0-3). If he puts in work on his shot this offseason and next year he has many other really good tools that could make him successful here.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Pony81 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:20 pm

Watching McDowell tonight you can see the athleticism and basketball IQ. He moves well without the ball and is always around the rebound. Give this young man some time and he will be a real contributor. He will be next years Jarrey Foster. Speaking of Jarrey.... WOW! Total stud.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Arkpony » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:29 pm

Am I the only one that feels like there is no leadership on this team-no one directing traffic as Nic did so well? It seems like 5 guys trying to be a team and not knowing how.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Pony81 wrote:Watching McDowell tonight you can see the athleticism and basketball IQ. He moves well without the ball and is always around the rebound. Give this young man some time and he will be a real contributor. He will be next years Jarrey Foster. Speaking of Jarrey.... WOW! Total stud.

I see DaShawn growing into Sterlings role. Not as good from 3 but always around the ball
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TidePony » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 am

Arkpony wrote:Am I the only one that feels like there is no leadership on this team-no one directing traffic as Nic did so well? It seems like 5 guys trying to be a team and not knowing how.

I would like to see Jarray take charge
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:22 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:
Pony81 wrote:Watching McDowell tonight you can see the athleticism and basketball IQ. He moves well without the ball and is always around the rebound. Give this young man some time and he will be a real contributor. He will be next years Jarrey Foster. Speaking of Jarrey.... WOW! Total stud.

I see DaShawn growing into Sterlings role. Not as good from 3 but always around the ball

Totally agree!
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball