PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WFU v SMU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WFU v SMU

Postby TennesseeDeac » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:13 pm

Get ready for a world of pain boys when the Deacs come rolling into town. We get no respect yet but that will soon change... But seriously what's the scoop on your Ponies. Do yall have anyone to match up with Eric Williams in the post or to stay with Chris Paul on the point. I hear Bryan Hopkins is a stud but who else can play down there in Big D?
TennesseeDeac

Re: WFU v SMU

Postby MustangSally » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:15 pm

Lol, no respect? Aren't you guys like number 12 in the nation? I wish we were to the point where we could cry about no respect and still be in the top 25.
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby Hoop Fan » Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:42 pm

Williams is gonna have a big night. And it won't be a coicidence that Wake Forest will set some kind of school record from 3 point range. SMU routinely gives up school records for made 3s to opponents. Having said all that, we will probably find a way to hang around and make it a game. Wake will probably shoot too many 3s because it will look too easy and eventually cool off though. Castro, Simpson and Isham usually get up for big games. If I had to guess I would say Wake will have a comfortable 8-10 point lead all night, and either blow us out in the last 10 minutes or if our outside shots drop it might get interesting late.

<small>[ 12-12-2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Hoop Fan ]</small>
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:29 pm

Paul and Williams will have a hey day. Both teams might be rusty after exams. I would imagine, like HF said, that one of your boys will have a career day with 3 pointers. I am hoping Isham has a great night and we limit our TO's to a minimum = (10-12) which is good for us.

ACC is loaded this year with WF,GT,MD knocking of FL,DK,and UNC. wow...

The Richmond score looks about like my predicition.

<small>[ 12-12-2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan

Postby ponybutt » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:09 pm

Screw ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ponies will show up and play great!!! B-hop can play with anyone in the country!! Isham and Simpson are also very good players overall. You YANKEE boys come on and bring it on down here! Lets play some HOOPS!!!!!
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Postby No Cal Pony » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:24 pm

Yes, I'd love to see an upset win. PonyButt, what is up with calling a team from North Carolina, a "Yankee" team?

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby ponyte » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:29 am

It is refreshing to see a litle smack talk on the board again. If the Ponies can hang in the first half then one can expect a real good game in the second half. Once the Pnies get a little confidence and find out that htey can play with WF then the Ponies will get a little blood in their eyes and believe.

On the other hand, if WF gets a comfortable first half lead then look for a blowout royale. :D
ponyte

Postby OldPony » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:08 pm

Wake is a powerhouse and it will take SMU's best game to even make it interesting. BHop has not yet shown that he can play with the top point guards in the country but maybe he can starting with Wake. Our big guys can't hold up against quality big men either. We will have to play a sagging defense to neutralize their inside game and the perimeter will be left open but that is a gamble we have to take despite many on this board who don't seem to understand why we get hurt by the 3's. We are also left open becasue people sag against us to take away the driving lanes but we haven't been able to make our 3's. When we do, we are pretty good. When we don't we get beaten. We have to hope they don't shoot well after the layoff.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:05 pm

Are all of our so-called foul-mouthed methodist students gone for christmas break - or will this be a nice study break? We could use some noise.
gostangs

Postby MustangFan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:50 am

Students are on fall break. Translation: Lots of good seats available.

If tradition holds, the alumni band should be blowing the roof off the place. Hopefully the Cowboy Drummer will delay his Christmas break to stick around and give us a show!
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:31 am

SMU are 0-21 against ranked opponents in Dement's tenure

"I would be really disappointed if it wasn't a [big crowd]," Dement said. "We scheduled the ACC game for that purpose. There is no reason it won't attract [fans]. Hopefully, we marketed hard and let people know they are coming."

<small>[ 12-15-2003, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:07 am

Our main hope is that Wake will be looking forward to the game following ours against a few Tar Heels. That is probably Wake's most important game of the year and we're a warm-up game for that one after Exams. That is the recipe for an upset, a ranked team looking forward to its next game while playing against a decent team on the road. I've seen it happen many times.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Return to Basketball