PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Note to Coach Dement

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Note to Coach Dement

Postby giacfsp » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:57 am

Want a big body? Look to the east - specifically to Georgetown Prep (just outside D.C.)

Check it out: a HIGH SCHOOL front line that goes 6-9, 6-9, 7-2. There are damn few colleges .... or NBA teams, for that matter .... that can match that kind of lineup.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60965-2003Dec12.html
giacfsp
Heisman

Re: Note to Coach Dement

Postby MustangFan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:54 am

I'm sure that hasn't gone unnoticed by other college coaches. But when The Commitment was announced, they specifically talked about having the funding for Coach Dement to go see a player, as needed. I would say these guys qualify as absolute must-see players.
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Waz » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:02 am

Little late, don't you think? Hopefully we found out that there was no interest in us and that's why no visit.
Waz
Junior Varsity

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:16 am

Georgetown Prep is a Jesuit school, but we have had recruits from G P in the past (70's) in tennis. I went to one of their league rivals, so I am very familiar with the school. Their grads go all over the place, but Duke, Maryland and Catholic seem to be the favorite landing zones for their athlete grads. Now that Georgetown has moved to 1-AA in football, they are getting a few Little Hoyas there. Prep has decided to play a more difficult non-conference schedule this year and beat a historically strong basketball power pretty handily last weekend. There is no doubt that they will dominate their conference this year. None of the schools has anywhere near the height to match them.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball