PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 6 THREAD: SMU vs. USC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 6 THREAD: SMU vs. USC

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:30 am

one game at a time; keep improving and just beat Boise!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:04 am

PonyLawExpress wrote:After finally getting to watch the game, only listened to it on Friday, had a few thoughts. First, we played good D and moved the ball pretty well for the first 26 minutes then just sort of fell apart. Second, when Shake came out around 15min mark of 2nd half, Sterling and Semi started trying to play hero ball so we had no ball movement and USC caught fire from 3 and went on that huge run to put them up 8-10. Didn't like how Jank didnt use a TO after the 8-0 run putting them ahead 4 or 5 to set something up on offense and get it flowing again. After they got up 8-10 we played a bit better offensively, but they just kept hitting 3's so we could never close more than 6.

Good news I liked how aggressive Froling was and he knocked down a few big shots. I expect him to get better an better as the season goes on. As was mentioned by multiple people we have to give Tom Wilson a shot over McDowell. I like McDowell's effort and could be a solid player, but gives us a big negative on offense. We need a spark off the bench who can score/stretch the D when Shake, Sterling, & Jarrey go out, since Gu isn't giving us much offensively.

We have the pieces to be a solid NCAA tourney team this year. We don't have much depth, but our starting 5 is real good. Lack height, but we still rebound well and are very skilled/athletic. We just need Shake to pick up his game along with Fro and another bench player to step up to give us something off the bench.

The coaches are in practice everyday and see Wilson. If he were ready to play over McDowell they would put him in the game over McDowell.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:00 am

Well they have before. And some guys are just good practice players and other guys a gamers.

I agree that the coaches obviously see everything compared to our limited views, but Wilson was supposedly hitting everything in preseason practices and looked really good. I just think it's worth seeing what you have in him against at least a semi quality team like Boise.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball