PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

hope I am not an indication...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

hope I am not an indication...

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:32 am

I had practically forgot about the game tonight. With the long layoff for finals, I feel like SMU hoops has been in hibernation or something. Hope we have a decent crowd tonight, but I am guessing it will be flat. Just watch, tommorrow will be rip the fans day on this board, I predict it now.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: hope I am not an indication...

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:15 pm

I heard on the Ticket 1310 radio that they are giving away 50 pairs of tickets to the game tonight for free. While it's nice to have some air time, it sounds like this could be a sparse coliseum tonight.
SmooBoy

Postby OldPony » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:21 pm

And who would you rip if only 2-3000 show up against a ranked team?
The Ponies need support to win and hold any type of home court advantage. Would we have beaten TT in a quiet gym?
Here's hoping for a top notch effort from the Ponies tonight. Go Mustangs!!!!
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:24 pm

I didn't say the ripping would be unwarranted did I? I just predict it will be a major theme tomorrow thats all, especially if we lose. The point is if someone as interested as I am put the game in the back of my mind, I can only imagine the casual fans and alums will not remember this game tonight. Hope I'm dead wrong.
Hoop Fan

Postby MustangFan » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:25 pm

It's always sparse during the holiday break. I'm bringing a few with me - all ticket holders should round up some friends and bring them to the game.
Go Ponies!!

<small>[ 12-15-2003, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: MustangFan ]</small>
MustangFan
All-American

Postby OldPony » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:36 pm

Actually the same old tired complaint about the zone will be the topic tomorrow. It doesn't matter to those who don't like Dement that we don't match up well in a man so they will be blaming all the 3's on coaching.
They obviously haven't noticed that when well coached teams (see Stanford vs KU or Gonzaga vs MU) who are outmanned play teams with great baseline players that they play zone to make the better teams beat them shooting from the outside.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball