PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Boise State @ Oregon

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Boise State @ Oregon

Postby mustang1992 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:While we've only taken 112 threes compared to our opponents 159, our guys are hitting 38% compared to 33% for our opponents.

Games that we have won this year opponents shot 25% from 3 range.
Games that we have lost this year opponents shot 40% from 3 range.

I for one have been glad that we've not jumped on the 3 pt train, like so many teams do, because I've seen really good teams not have good nights and just kept on bombing because they had nothing else to fall back on. And I do wish we would shoot more, that's the one thing I hoped Jank would get them doing.

But I've seen this team struggle with perimeter D, for several years now.

We need to get back to the offense passing game that has been the hallmark our program.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby SMU 86 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:35 pm

mustang1992 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:While we've only taken 112 threes compared to our opponents 159, our guys are hitting 38% compared to 33% for our opponents.

Games that we have won this year opponents shot 25% from 3 range.
Games that we have lost this year opponents shot 40% from 3 range.

I for one have been glad that we've not jumped on the 3 pt train, like so many teams do, because I've seen really good teams not have good nights and just kept on bombing because they had nothing else to fall back on. And I do wish we would shoot more, that's the one thing I hoped Jank would get them doing.

But I've seen this team struggle with perimeter D, for several years now.

We need to get back to the offense passing game that has been the hallmark our program.

From what I have noticed the team has not gone inside to our bigs as much as they have in years past. Will see what they do tonight.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustang1992 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:54 pm

mustang1992 wrote:
Duke Blue Blood wrote:Given our lack of ability to cover the 3 this year, not loving 11-27 (40%) from 3. Live and die by the 3.

I think this has been a problem for several years, not just this year, but this year seems to be particularly bad - so far anyway. This has the making of another "Michigan" blow out. :( I hope not, I hope we can make some improvements.

Doesn't look like SMU is going to cover the 5 1/2 pt fav spread.
LOL
20 point deficit at half?
mustang1992
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball