PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Comments - Wake Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Comments - Wake Game

Postby StangEsq » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:21 am

Originally posted by StangEsq:
Originally posted by LA_Mustang:
[b] Pony_Fan,

As usual, we were getting killed by the 3 in the first half. I really cant understand why we don’t play man to man sometimes?? The defensive effort in the second half was tremendous.

I think the zone helps us inside but we have to be quick in getting out to guard the 3... we did that in the second half. The main point is that if you can fly at a guy and get him to step in for a low-percentage 2, it's a low better than getting a good look at a 3... we did that in the second half. [/b]
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:30 am

Let's see- We criticize Dement because he hasn't beaten a Top 25 team yet praise Bennett who hasn't beaten ANYONE. We do not have top 25 athletes. Bhop was supposed to be but has been a bust for whatever reason. Simpson is the only other who was a Top 25 type recruit. Isham is a talented athlete but wasn't highly recruited. He gets better by the day as does Simpson. We will beat some Top 25 teams when we get top 25 players. It appears that the Ponies made the best adjustments at half time but that must just be luck.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:16 am

A WAC freshman of the year a total bust?

Has Bryan been disappointing given the ability he showed in high school? Yes. But a bust? Please.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OldPony » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:05 am

You're right- That was a bit harsh. Terribly disppointing from being called a national top recruit. His defense is good but he can't shoot or take care of the ball. If he was living up to the rep though, we would have a very good team despite him being the only one of our players who would have been offered at a Top 25 school with the possible exception of Simpson. Yet we expect to beat top 25 schools? Dement has the same burdens to bear as Bennett yet because of some limited success, we expect more from him. I think we may have a better team than we should expect with no history, mediocre to poor facilities, limited recruiting budgets etc.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:40 am

Time to except what we have and move on ;)

He is certainly no TJ Ford but hopefully will improve in the near future. He needs a little Voc attitude also.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball