PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wake Forest Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Wake Forest Game

Postby Pony Poo » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:23 am

Problems I had with last night's game-
1) When Dement pulled all 5 starters and put in our 5 subs. The game was tied 14-14 and then WF went on a 8-0 run. He did this against TTech and it worked, but I didn't like it then either. I think you can do this in WAC play but not against a top 25 team.
2) We were not ready to play. The turnovers that we gave them were to easy. Lazy passes.
Although they had turnovers too, I think we earned a lot of those, so that is positive.
3) The 85 year old refs were terrible on both ends of the court.
4)BUT the real reason we lost was because the Drumming Cowboy didn't start the night off with the Cowboy hat on like he did against TTech. Although I did notice that it was on when we made our run at the end of the game

Its a shame we were not ready to play because we really could have beaten them the way WF played last night. I was proud of us for making a strong run at them and not giving up. Hopefully our guys learned some things last night that will help us down the road. Go ponies!
Pony Poo

Re: Wake Forest Game

Postby XmustangXdeathX » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:05 pm

Whoa whoa... If I remember correctly, the first song we played was "Christopher Columbus" and I'm pretty sure I had that hat on whilst jumping around on the drums.

There were a couple songs in the middle of the game where I didn't wear it, but for pregame and halftime, I'm almost certain I had it on. But it IS nice to be noticed...

For my take on the game: I thought the first 5 minutes and the last 7 minutes were great, but everything in the middle was atrocious.

If you have missed 4 three-pointers in a row, then WHY do you continue to shoot them? Ergh!
Oh you gotta love it. The horns, the drums, the noise! It's all for the love of music, for the love of the game.
XmustangXdeathX
Scout Team

Return to Basketball