PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tom Wilson transferring

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Tom Wilson transferring

Postby smupony94 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:52 am

ebrooks11 wrote:
smupony94 wrote:http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=TBWEB_MRE170_a_TWT&mode=premium&dest=http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/froling-keen-to-prove-people-wrong-after-college-switch/news-story/c49aeec31ec27299d68c22851a426709&memtype=anonymous

Unfortunately I don't have a subscription to the Townsville Bulletin

https://twitter.com/Tuxy81/status/814627781174661120

Hoop is brutally funny
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:32 am

I usually don't care about transfers and I don't miss Harry at all on the court. That said there is something about the way he handled his recruitment, his self-hype on social, clamoring for followers, only to come in a fat pud, who bailed 10 games in, that has earned my disdain. I cant help piling on, especially when that slug doesn't like some of the stuff he's hearing out of SMU.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 am

I'm not talking about Hoopmanx because he didn't do it-but who ever is tweeting directly to student athletes with unsolicited, critical analysis of their performance needs to stop
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:43 am

Is there any news on where Tom Wilson is considering transferring to?
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:50 am

Stallion wrote:I'm not talking about Hoopmanx because he didn't do it-but who ever is tweeting directly to student athletes with unsolicited, critical analysis of their performance needs to stop

Geez who thought that was a good idea? Are they doing that to everyone?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:56 am

Stallion wrote:I'm not talking about Hoopmanx because he didn't do it-but who ever is tweeting directly to student athletes with unsolicited, critical analysis of their performance needs to stop

Who is it?
smupony94

Postby PerunasHoof » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:19 am

Some SMU fan named Erik Erichsen tweeted at Cade Brewer after he flipped. Made us look pretty bad. I don't get people who do that.
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:44 pm

I used to never tweet at recruits, but I will reply to tweets that sometimes has the players handle attached. If I'm salty, I generally remove the kids name. If its Froling, I post gifs of Chris Farley
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 pm

hoopmanx wrote:I used to never tweet at recruits, but I will reply to tweets that sometimes has the players handle attached. If I'm salty, I generally remove the kids name. If its Froling, I post gifs of Chris Farley

And they (Farley) are well deserved. Kids are kids but eventually you have to be able to blame the face in the mirror when things don't go as expected. I'm generally ok if and when they go quietly into the night. Sed and Wilson basically saw the writing on the wall and made new plans....no drama. I may share my obviously amateur analysis but I really will wish no harm.

Froling and the towel waver, on the other hand, went the drama queen route. I say fair game.
There is no Loyalty and Discretion AP class offered to freshman. Maybe there should be.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Junior » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:45 pm

Both Aussies showed a complete lack of intestinal fortitude. Especially Wilson. It wouldn't have looked as bad on his part if he had gone first, but he showed himself to be female genetalia by following Froling, whether Harry's departure impacted his decision or not.

In terms of Harry, his own statements contradict themselves. He says he left for better opportunities, yet he states he needs to get bigger and in better shape so he can show us what we missed out on. Seems like he could've gotten bigger and in better shape here as well. Why does he think he had to quit in order to spark that desire?

Good riddance to them both. If you don't want to be here, leave. It's that simple. And I feel the same way to anyone else left on the roster. We don't need soft quitters. We need guys who aren't looking for the path of least resistance.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby gostangs » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:16 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
gostangs wrote:Hoop - you are usually correct, but if you are really saying Wilson would start on 60 pct of teams we have played you are just wrong. He showed nothing that would yield that opinion.

Who have we played that he definitively wouldn"t get legit burn? Michigan, Pitt, USC, TCU, possibly Memphis, possibly Boise. We recruited both of Stanford's backcourt in Pickens and Sanders and those dudes are far from world beaters. Everyone else, he'd get double digit minutes.

Not sure he would get double digit minutes from anyone - but the only candidates would be G Webb, E Michigan, UCSB, Mcneese and Albany. Thats five out of 14 - 35%.

No need to keep beating on it - he might have been D-1 but not on any team going anywhere.
gostangs

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:38 am

G Webb, eastern Michigan, Stanford, UCSB, CSU Bakersfield, DEl st, mcneese, possibly Albany. That's 8 of 14. He's no world beater, but he was a frosh that got limited burn on a very experienced team. He'll be fine moving forward, but like Harry, needs to live in the weight room, gym and nutritionist. Skilled kid who just couldn't hold his own space
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smupony94 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:36 pm

smupony94

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:39 pm

He could've just stayed behind in Boise, like a Cuban baseball player
RGV Pony

Postby gostangs » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:47 pm

sigh…so three years at Boise state is going to turn him into an NBA star?

At SMU by the time he was a senior he could have probably gotten ten minutes a game on the best team he will ever be on, parlayed his average skill into a 200k education, and probably even had a great time with some great looking co-eds along the way.

Now he will shovel snow for a less than average boise team and get a junior college education.

I don't get it.
gostangs

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball