PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Jank Show

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Coach Jank Show

Postby smupony94 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 pm

See how much Humperdinks pays and offer more
smupony94
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Yeah I'm sure folks would fork over $30 to sit in the Miller center and listen to the radio.

If you are [deleted] about this you belong in my class of SMU fans who are extra special. The numbers seem to be growing.
smusic 00

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 pm

I've been to the Humperdinks for the Jank show several times and I could hear the show fine and the food was good. Plus, the staff is very friendly and always wearing SMU gear.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby skyscraper » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:51 pm

I haven't been in person but I like listening online. Hopefully they do the show again next season.
skyscraper

Postby PonySnob » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:44 am

Great show last night with the standing ovation that Janks got when he walked in the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:13 am

gostangs wrote:why would we not have these in the Miller event center, make some dough, have enough room to sit down and actually be able to hear it? Also loads of parking across the street. Seems odd to me.

Getting out of the bubble for such a function is a positive move for SMU. Provide opportunities for "outsiders" to become SMU fans. Activities such as this at campus venues are viewed as private functions for donors, not your average Joe who would appreciate the opportunity to join in. If more fans is the objective, you gotta cater to people not included in the country club set. The food at Humperdink's is okay. The beer is cold. The sound system is not of Meyerson quality. Sometimes you just gotta rough-it and be a fan. Quit whining. (please)
Bergermeister

Postby Grant Carter » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 am

Bergermeister wrote:
gostangs wrote:why would we not have these in the Miller event center, make some dough, have enough room to sit down and actually be able to hear it? Also loads of parking across the street. Seems odd to me.

Getting out of the bubble for such a function is a positive move for SMU. Provide opportunities for "outsiders" to become SMU fans. Activities such as this at campus venues are viewed as private functions for donors, not your average Joe who would appreciate the opportunity to join in. If more fans is the objective, you gotta cater to people not included in the country club set. The food at Humperdink's is okay. The beer is cold. The sound system is not of Meyerson quality. Sometimes you just gotta rough-it and be a fan. Quit whining. (please)

Well said.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby TidePony » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:23 am

Yes, indeed.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:49 am

Cold beer, good liquor and good coaching can make bad food palatable.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby smusportspage » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 am

LA_Mustang wrote:I've been to the Humperdinks for the Jank show several times and I could hear the show fine and the food was good. Plus, the staff is very friendly and always wearing SMU gear.

Agree, keep it at Humperdinks. Good place.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:08 am

RGV Pony wrote:Or how bout a hotel ball room w rubber chicken

I think all of these should be held at the Rhythm Room and be aligned with quarter pitcher night. :D
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JoeKidd » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:36 am

Bergermeister wrote:

Bump, I always enjoy going to Humperdink's for the show and getting it outside of the SMU bubble is a huge bonus. On multiple occasions I have met fans that have attended for the first time and they also have enjoyed it. Humperdink's is hosting watch parties across the metroplex for the AAC tourney and this is great for non-SMU related people to get exposure to our sports programs.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby bubba pony » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0F-OInu-g

here is the last show. interesting coach gently states once Harry left he reorganized the team

41 points against Memphis is their worst defeat in 71 years. first time Moody went 18-0.
bubba pony
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball