PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Champions Club question

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Champions Club question

Postby ShantyStang1839 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Quick question for the more privileged!

Already had 2 tickets to tonights game but a buddy of mine just won a few tickets in a work drawing and we gave our original tix to two other SMU fans. The tickets that he won and that we'll likely sit in are in 105 and include access to the Miller Champions Club.

Being a mere peasant/recent graduate, we've never had the opportunity to get into the MCC during a game at Moody. Was just curious what the admission entails - is it just a social gathering spot? Is there food/drink in there? All-inclusive or discounted? Tried a quick search but not much info available - any help much appreciated.

Pony up! Hoping we can keep the momentum going tonight.
-formerly mustangband27-
ShantyStang1839
Recruit

Re: Champions Club question

Postby smupony » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Doors open 90 minutes before game time (so 6:30 for tonight). Full buffet and non-alcoholic drinks free. Cash bar with beer and wine. Get there early if you want to sit at a table and watch the flat screens of other games. Club also open at halftime and after game (just snacks available: goldfish, pretzels, etc). Best part: they reopen the bar after the game is over for an hour. Hope that helps.
smupony
All-American

Postby mrydel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Tux required
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Do get there early. That is my advice. It is just one big social gathering of fans. Similar to the younger groups of fans that gather in the concourse during halftime - but with more money and more grey hair.

And the beer/wine prices are the same in there vs the concourse.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby okcponyfan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:03 pm

If you do find some seats in the chairs, sit down. Seats are a premium when the place fills up
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:31 pm

mrydel wrote:Tux required

<cue Corby Davidson Bragging Music>
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby shadowman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 am

ShantyStang1839 wrote:Quick question for the more privileged!

Already had 2 tickets to tonights game but a buddy of mine just won a few tickets in a work drawing and we gave our original tix to two other SMU fans. The tickets that he won and that we'll likely sit in are in 105 and include access to the Miller Champions Club.

Being a mere peasant/recent graduate, we've never had the opportunity to get into the MCC during a game at Moody. Was just curious what the admission entails - is it just a social gathering spot? Is there food/drink in there? All-inclusive or discounted? Tried a quick search but not much info available - any help much appreciated.

Pony up! Hoping we can keep the momentum going tonight.

Best part is the bar open after the game for up to an hour. Before the game, they do have a full dinner buffet and non alcoholic drinks for free (cash bar as well), but it is crowded and full of blue hairs. In fact, there is a good handful of fine blue haired folks that come and eat and grab some of the few sitting spots and then leave without going to the game (shocking!)

In fact, I usually skip the before game experience but do partake in the after game festivities when there is no crowd.

Bottom line, you are not missing anything, get a 6 dollar ticket on stub hub, eat at Ozonas before the game and then hit your favorite bar afterwards. You will have more fun than anyone in the MCC.

/cheers
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:17 am

shadowman wrote: In fact, there is a good handful of fine blue haired folks that come and eat and grab some of the few sitting spots and then leave without going to the game.

Would SMU fans really do that? :wink:
Bergermeister

Postby lollaperuna » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 am

Much better beer selection. Other than that you haven't missed anything.
lollaperuna
All-American

Champions Club question

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:41 pm

The buffet is great. Don't miss the Mustang Bread Bites (aka bread). Honestly, I show up 20 minutes before tip with my guests, get a good chair cause people are leaving, have a nice meal and a nice craft beer or three before hitting my seats. It's awesome, but very crowded.
smusic 00

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Seriously, why are there at least three different beer menus in Moody? I get why Ben E Keith would suggest we do it, but why do we agree? Bud Light and Ultra are the only beers available through the in seat servers, I can get All Call in the club but not the concourse, and a few other random choices.
smusic 00

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:03 am

I don't miss the Miller club. It is a great place to socially engage your acquaintances . Floor seats i miss....

Shadow Man's last paragraph is pretty accurate

Mustang bread is scrumptious

One Trick Pony

Postby lollaperuna » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:17 am

Concourse beer selection is horrible which means no beer for me until halftime when MC opens again.
t
lollaperuna
All-American

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:29 am

lollaperuna wrote:Concourse beer selection is horrible which means no beer for me until halftime when MC opens again.
t

What about the ziegenbock
One Trick Pony

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:09 am

lollaperuna wrote:Concourse beer selection is horrible which means no beer for me until halftime when MC opens again.
t

On the south side there is a craft beer stand but nothing on the north side or on the in-seat menu. Miller has a decent selection.
smusic 00

Next

Return to Basketball