PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

checking the box score

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

checking the box score

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:50 pm

this was a really good game for Bhop. Would love to see these kind of numbers from him every night. Good shooting percentage and had 6 assists against only 3 turnovers.

The big concern has to be the fact we were outrebounded again and had only 2 offensive boards. Part of that is because we shot so well (53% from 3 pt range...are you kidding me?), but also suggests the other team is just out hustling us. Pearson continues to post the best rebounding numbers of anyone on this team. need to get him these same 17 minutes (or more) every night.

Gotta like the fact we held them to 33% shooting! This team can play good D but needs to find more guys who can contribute off the bench. Not much from Miller or Bennett today, but part of that was because Bhop and Isham played so well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=233540193

<small>[ 12-20-2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Charleston Pony ]</small>
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: checking the box score

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:54 pm

Looking at the box score, I wonder why/how Simpson wasn't able to get in the game. I know he had a few fouls early but I would expect at least 10pts from him. Miller had no shots? - he seems to be playing much better this year. I would hope we would be focusing on defense and rebounding first, and create shots from there.
2 offensive rebounds is ridiculous.

<small>[ 12-20-2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:23 pm

well, Simpson's early foul trouble limited him to only 24 minutes. Pearson got the rest of Patrick's "normal" playing time and made a good showing.

Miller played only 4 minutes so it's not unusual to not take any shots in that little time on the floor.
Charleston Pony

Postby TLBGator » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:51 pm

Anyone notice the score at the top of the box score? Although its no big deal cuz we won, it still kinda pisses me off.
word.
TLBGator
Recruit

Postby SMULLET » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:27 pm

Yeah this was a great game for Hopkins. I didnt get a chance to listen to the game. He really must have been schooling whoever was trying to guard him. Could it have been their best player Juby Johnson?? It appears that he must have had pretty good shot selections maybe a few layups as well.
I've been wondering what has been up with P. Simpson recently. Not taking many threes, or shooting the ball as much since his poor performance against Wake. I like the fact that he can be a threat from 3-point range and I wish he would take some more shots. He's also deadly from 10 feet. Go Ponies vs. Purdue!!
SMULLET
Junior Varsity

Postby OldPony » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:57 pm

BHOP had a good game. I'm waiting though for one against top competition. This was the kind of game we thought he would play on a regular basis though.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:02 pm

Thank goodness Hopkins decided to bust out b/c it looks like nobody else was going to. I hope we get more balanced scoring like we are capable of and at least hang tough w/ Purdue.

Those ASU/SD losses really hurt - it sucks to think we SHOULD be 6-1
Pony_Fan

Return to Basketball