PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UCONN

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UCONN

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:06 pm

SMU averages a 17.6 pt beatdown of UCONN at Moody
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm

smupony94 wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
smupony94 wrote:SMU -10.5

Yikes that is big!

that's what she said

had to hurry before Mrydel wrote that

I was going to quote my "yuge" with a TWSS
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby StangGang » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 pm

SMU offered tickets to these next two games for free to the students. In order to attend the games, students had to print their tickets off by December 16th. The school probably did it as a way to get more students to come who haven't purchased tickets, but the early deadline may have had a negative effect on attendance. I hope we got as many students to print tickets as possible, but it definitely could have backfired, as I have talked to a few friends who forgot to print them out and can't go now.
StangGang
Recruit

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 pm

StangGang wrote:SMU offered tickets to these next two games for free to the students. In order to attend the games, students had to print their tickets off by December 16th. The school probably did it as a way to get more students to come who haven't purchased tickets, but the early deadline may have had a negative effect on attendance. I hope we got as many students to print tickets as possible, but it definitely could have backfired, as I have talked to a few friends who forgot to print them out and can't go now.

Wow
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 pm

StangGang wrote:SMU offered tickets to these next two games for free to the students. In order to attend the games, students had to print their tickets off by December 16th. The school probably did it as a way to get more students to come who haven't purchased tickets, but the early deadline may have had a negative effect on attendance. I hope we got as many students to print tickets as possible, but it definitely could have backfired, as I have talked to a few friends who forgot to print them out and can't go now.

That is ridiculous. So there will be seats that were given away but can't be used because they weren't printed a month in advance? Are they reissuing them at least?
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby StangGang » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:00 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:

That is ridiculous. So there will be seats that were given away but can't be used because they weren't printed a month in advance? Are they reissuing them at least?

On the email it sent to students it said they will be removed from your account if not printed by December 16th. I assume they are offered to the public perhaps.
StangGang
Recruit

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:53 am

SMU botches another one. Are they that far out of touch with an 18-22 year old? No college student plans that far in advance. That's just the way it is
Pony ^

Postby smusportspage » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:10 am

:roll: I guess the school should just offer free tickets at the door on first come first serve basis. My money says that won't work either. I actually think the student sections have shown pretty well this season when classes have been in session. No reason to get down.
Last edited by smusportspage on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:13 am

Probably wanted to know ahead of time if they needed to.list for the public :?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:19 am

odds are since SMU is something like 80% greek that there will be hardly any students
Pony ^

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:36 am

SMUstangs22 wrote:Probably wanted to know ahead of time if they needed to.list for the public :?

I'm guessing the same. They were selling those seats for $35 for a while before Christmas.
smusic 00

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38 am

Pony ^ wrote:odds are since SMU is something like 80% greek that there will be hardly any students

It's actually around 35-40%, and that includes a lot of houses off of 'Greek row.'
smusic 00

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 am

smusic 00 wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:odds are since SMU is something like 80% greek that there will be hardly any students

It's actually around 35-40%, and that includes a lot of houses off of 'Greek row.'

I was way off. I guess I mixed up the donations % from greeks. Hopefully the 60% show up in full force
Pony ^

Postby StangGang » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:15 pm

There definitely aren't that many students back on campus yet, mostly rushees and jan term students.
StangGang
Recruit

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:43 am

while UConn fans are convinced their decline can be attributed to membership in the AAC, I wonder what Syracuse's excuse might be these days?
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball