PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Semi

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Semi

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:36 am

LB is a hoss. Jarrey is a hoss and Semi is scared of blood, but still a hoss. THe tech was phenomenal and not very Jarrey, which was what made it killer. His ceiling is immense.

I really love Ben Moore cause he's a Mustang, and he's shown up after early criticism in a big way, same w/Sterling. That said, his broken jumper drives me insane and he can't go over his shoulders. To think what he could have become if had actually developed a skill set and not relied on athleticism and hustle.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 am

hoopmanx wrote:LB is a hoss. Jarrey is a hoss and Semi is scared of blood, but still a hoss. THe tech was phenomenal and not very Jarrey, which was what made it killer. His ceiling is immense.

I really love Ben Moore cause he's a Mustang, and he's shown up after early criticism in a big way, same w/Sterling. That said, his broken jumper drives me insane and he can't go over his shoulders. To think what he could have become if had actually developed a skill set and not relied on athleticism and hustle.

You mean shooting from behind/above your head isn't a good idea? Feel like he could have added to his range too
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:28 pm

I thought Jarrey's T was just aweome.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Cant believe the leap he has made (pun intended).
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyFan32 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:50 pm

One of my favorite Jarrey moves is how he acts after a dunk. Lands flat and then does this exaggerated walk for a few steps to show off like that was no big deal.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:One of my favorite Jarrey moves is how he acts after a dunk. Lands flat and then does this exaggerated walk for a few steps to show off like that was no big deal.

Love this also. And how they end the intro video with that walk.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 pm

ponyinNC wrote:anyone catch the espn broadcast - Len Elmore said he had on good authority that Foster was our most improved player. That came from the President of SMU, Gerald Turner.

He gets a lot of grief, sometimes for good reason, but he obviously watches the games and knows his stuff.

Saw him this morning, after "good morning" the first words out of his mouth were "what'd you think about that defense last night"
RGV Pony

Postby Junior » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:03 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:[quote="LA_Mustang"]Speaking of Ben, 14 points and 13 boards. Just another day at the office for the SMU great.

Seeing him trying to pull Jarrey away from that stupid taunting technical just says "leader."

I'm actually going to miss Ben and Sterling more than i miss Nic and Markus. They represent the end of a very special era.

Ok I'll say it. That tech was awesome. It sent a loud message of not in our house. That block was the best Ive seen at Moody. Jarrey blowing me away this year

Jarrey has been awesome this year. He could be a star next year and is a senior. And according to Jank he was under the weather last night.[/quote]
Isn't Foster a sophomore this year? I'm 99% sure he's a junior next year.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:12 pm

Junior wrote:
PonyLawExpress wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:[quote="sadderbudweiser"][quote="LA_Mustang"]Speaking of Ben, 14 points and 13 boards. Just another day at the office for the SMU great.

Seeing him trying to pull Jarrey away from that stupid taunting technical just says "leader."

I'm actually going to miss Ben and Sterling more than i miss Nic and Markus. They represent the end of a very special era.

Ok I'll say it. That tech was awesome. It sent a loud message of not in our house. That block was the best Ive seen at Moody. Jarrey blowing me away this year

Jarrey has been awesome this year. He could be a star next year and is a senior. And according to Jank he was under the weather last night.[/quote]
Isn't Foster a sophomore this year? I'm 99% sure he's a junior next year.[/quote]
He meant as a senior. Context.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:22 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:
hoopmanx wrote:LB is a hoss. Jarrey is a hoss and Semi is scared of blood, but still a hoss. THe tech was phenomenal and not very Jarrey, which was what made it killer. His ceiling is immense.

You mean shooting from behind/above your head isn't a good idea? Feel like he could have added to his range too

Ben has obviously been working on his jump shot. In the past couple of years his accuracy on 10 to 15 foot jump shots has really improved.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Semi-tough: After two years out of basketball, how SMU's Ojeleye became one of best players in AAC
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college ... layers-aac
smupony94

Postby Junior » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
Junior wrote:
PonyLawExpress wrote:[quote="SMUstangs22"][quote="sadderbudweiser"][quote="LA_Mustang"]Speaking of Ben, 14 points and 13 boards. Just another day at the office for the SMU great.

Isn't Foster a sophomore this year? I'm 99% sure he's a junior next year.[/quote]
He meant as a senior. Context.[/quote]
Sorry. Not my fault he can't type.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm actually going to miss Ben and Sterling more than i miss Nic and Markus. They represent the end of a very special era.[/quote]

Ok I'll say it. That tech was awesome. It sent a loud message of not in our house. That block was the best Ive seen at Moody. Jarrey blowing me away this year[/quote]

Sorry. Not my fault he can't type.[/quote]

My bad auto correct. Not my fault you can't infer.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Junior » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:50 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:Seeing him trying to pull Jarrey away from that stupid taunting technical just says "leader."

Ok I'll say it. That tech was awesome. It sent a loud message of not in our house. That block was the best Ive seen at Moody. Jarrey blowing me away this year[/quote]

My bad auto correct. Not my fault you can't infer.[/quote]
I'm not here to read between the lines of people's posts. Say what you want to say. If you can't type, that's on you, not me. Please in for what you want from this post, or please inject any context you would like.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Junior wrote:
PonyLawExpress wrote:Seeing him trying to pull Jarrey away from that stupid taunting technical just says "leader."

My bad auto correct. Not my fault you can't infer.[/quote]
I'm not here to read between the lines of people's posts. Say what you want to say. If you can't type, that's on you, not me. Please in for what you want from this post, or please inject any context you would like.[/quote]
I guess my question is how were you only 99% sure foster would be a junior next year?
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball