PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game presentation turned back up to 11

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Game presentation turned back up to 11

Postby JasonB » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:59 pm

What is going on? Last two games are night and day to rest of year. Sure more students but the band is actually miked up properly, music is great, everything at the right lelv. Why can't we do this all year? Do we share that many people with the cowboys???
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Game presentation turned back up to 11

Postby 78pony » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:01 am

Jason B - you nailed it amigo. This was a game and presentation that was in all ways beautifully executed.
78pony
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:28 am

"I'm coming home" gives us good karma. Sets the tone for the night. Have we ever lost when the ICH intro is played??
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby mustangxc » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am

Louisville
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:03 pm

One of the reasons we don't have the atmosphere we've had in the past is that only 40% of the gym is filled before tip off. The Introduction requires energy and excitement builds with a full house
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby skyscraper » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:29 pm

The odd 830 pm Wednesday start time will be interesting for vs ECU. Should be full at tip, but then could see people start leaving at the half.
skyscraper

Postby JasonB » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 pm

I want to know the reason why the game presentation has shifted up several notches. Are we not paying for the production crew the first half of the season? Do we share so many people with the cowboys that we can't get it right until their season ends? Do we only rent speakers and choose to put the money in when the games are important?

Or, even if it is just that acoustics of the building are horrible when it is half full, I want to understand what is going on. Because it was vastly different from the tip yesterday, even when the seats hadn't filled in yet. SID? Someone has to know. I want to be able to set my own expectations and the expectations of my guests appropriately.
JasonB

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Stallion wrote:One of the reasons we don't have the atmosphere we've had in the past is that only 40% of the gym is filled before tip off. The Introduction requires energy and excitement builds with a full house

I think this is more of a logistics problem than people give it credit for. Moody garage can be slow moving not to mention I30, Woodall, and 75. Saturday nights should be a bit easier but still. Ive gotten to Moody garage with 25 minutes to spare before and had trouble making it to the seats for tip. They have sped up the metal detectors.

Lets be honest though, the motivation is for big time games and the AAC is lacking now that UCONN and Memphis, the prior name brands, are down. UH cant replace bc of the lack of name brand recognition unless they are top 20
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:28 pm

If both teams keep winning, Cincy Feb 12 will be as electric as they come.
SmooBoy

Return to Basketball