PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jahmal McMurray

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jahmal McMurray

Postby Kemba11 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:01 pm

Kemba11 wrote:
PonyLawExpress wrote:
Kemba11 wrote:Wow, what a pick up, can't say I'm not jealous. Didn't even realize the AAC allowed intra-conference transfers.

Looks like at least another few years of SMU being dominant in this conference. If Shake, Semi and the rest of your role players return next year you guys have top 4 seed potential in the big dance, if the committee has decided if the AAC is worthy of one of their golden seeds yet is tbd. Semi is a stud and has draft written all over him, curious to see what he's going to do.

Look forward to next season as we are just playing for the AAC tournament at this point, we are injured to smitherines. But I wanted to say also from our slaughter in dallas last week, SMU still has one of the nicest looking courts in the country, games always look great in HD at Moody.

Thanks Kemba. I will be at the AAC tourney. Never seen the XL center in person before. Real excited about McMurray, legit scorer, it works because he went JuCo.

& yeah Semi is an absolute stud, but he is a bit of a tweener when it comes to the NBA. He isn't on many mock drafts or big boards for this year but on some for 2018. The consensus we have heard from scouts are that they really like Semi and Shake, but think both could use another to polish their games and grow. I would be real surprised if Shake is gone, think he has one more as a pony. We really hope they are both back, but you never know. Great kids and both have bright futures.

We hope y'all are better next year, need y'all and Memphis to get back to a high level.

one thing I've learned from years of following the nba draft game is that i typically notice guys at less traditional basketball programs almost never get their proper draft respect due during the season. The pundits and even the online scouts are busy watching the Duke and UK guys because its easy to write about, those prospects are "cant miss" guys by league standards.

But once the season is over and guys like Semi and Milton enter the new modified NBA combine rule to test the waters they will shoot up the draft board when they actually practice next to the big name guys. Semi has everything he needs to succeed in the current NBA landscape, pro body that can handle physicality and banging in the paint against opposing 4s, strong rebounder, ability to put the ball on the court as a big and being an elite 3pt shooter at his size and position makes him a commodity, think of a player in the physical mold of Draymond Green minus his elite defensive mobility and ball handling that makes him a unicorn by NBA standards.

Don't be shocked to see some guys projecting Semi as a first rounder come May/June. Regardless I hope the best for SMU.

Bump for clairvoyance
Kemba11

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Pretty nice prediction, Kemba. I think Semi will get picked late in the first. One of the more established playoffs teams will see a role for him because he will be ready. No waiting time needed for Semi.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Kemba11 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:34 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Pretty nice prediction, Kemba. I think Semi will get picked late in the first. One of the more established playoffs teams will see a role for him because he will be ready. No waiting time needed for Semi.

He is too good to come back. Guys like him who are considered "tweeners" height wise at the next level need to capitalize when their stock gets hot because it likely wont go higher.

With Draymond Green being a superstar in the league today, Semi has a chance to cash in on a team who has similar vision for his talents.
Kemba11

Postby mavsrage311 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 pm

How about Jae Crowder as a comp? Another undersized but well built player that can play the 2-4 depending on game situations and matchups. Both are excellent shooters too.
Dallas Mavericks - 2011 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Long live the Circle of Champions!
mavsrage311
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat May 13, 2017 6:02 am

Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball