PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Vick domestic violence allegations

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Vick domestic violence allegations

Postby skyscraper » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:56 pm

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg ... 03974.html

A University of Kansas investigation found that a men’s basketball player likely hit a female student multiple times in late 2015 and recommended two years of school probation.

According to information obtained by The Star, sophomore Lagerald Vick was accused of punching the student in the arm more than once and kicking her in the face. The university’s Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access investigated from late December 2015 into January 2016 and determined Vick likely committed domestic violence.

University investigations use preponderance of evidence standards — which means the matter in dispute is more likely than not to be true — to determine if violations of school policy occurred. It is not known if a report was filed with campus police but Vick has not been charged with a crime.

The KU office recommended Vick be put on university probation for two years, The Star has learned. It isn’t known if Vick was ever put on that probation or, if he was, if he is still on it. He continues to play.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg ... rylink=cpy
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Vick domestic violence allegations

Postby PonySnob » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 pm

Scored 2 points in 18 minutes on Saturday
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:36 am

Interesting story. Just last end of winter, early Spring, had a discussion w/a fella who knew the happenings around SMU, w/Larry's re-negotiations, the commitments, all of it. W/O divulging more, I remember this thought and I paraphrase. 'SMU admin just wants more Sterling, Ben M, Shake, Jarrey. That we could win a whole lot of games w/those kids, get more of them. Just don't bring around the Lagerald Vicks etc etc.

Anyway, I'll always remember he said Vick first, cause i'd never heard a thing about Vicks grades or behavior to that point. Not to say I was paying close attention after he backed out, but i'll remember he was the first mentioned in that convo.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Smulaw90 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:15 am

Bill Self is probably on the phone to LB now. Between the gang rape, this situation with Vick and the suspension of Bragg for his arrest (drug paraphernalia), he is watching the season unravel.
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Smulaw90 wrote:Bill Self is probably on the phone to LB now. Between the gang rape, this situation with Vick and the suspension of Bragg for his arrest (drug paraphernalia), he is watching the season unravel.

....yet they win.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:53 am

Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball