PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

CALLING ALL STUDENTS>>>>

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: CALLING ALL STUDENTS>>>>

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:30 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Alumni cheerleaders?

I can think of some cheerleaders and poms from my years I wouldn't mind seeing again!!!! (grinning cat face with smiling eyes)
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:49 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:
SMU SID wrote:[quote="LA_Mustang"]I bet I could gather a group of 30s and 40s alums who could shame the current MOB. We could have an alum MOB to fill in for the student section during the holiday break.

We accept your offer. Contact me when next season's schedule comes out and we will let you try it for a game. Always looking for the next great idea. Maybe this is it!

Actually this might get national coverage if it was a good enough opponent.

Not sure if that is a good thing when it seems like almost every game you see on TV over the holidays has a band, cheerleaders, poms, and students in attendance. :roll:[/quote]

I remember seeing the Michigan alumni band on a couple of TV games from Ann Arbor
CalallenStang

Postby Dukie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:15 pm

Stallion wrote:yeah Moody lost some magic when they began to sell preferred seating in the 1980s

seating wise it was pretty much like its "sister arena" Cameron at Duke-isn't that still all students courtside

Cameron is still all bleachers in the lower bowl. But it's not remotely all students. It did used to be all students, but gradually from the early 90s to today, student seating has shrunk, and preferred seating for non-students has grown. Duke is careful to keep the TV side all students, except over winter break when even that isn't possible.
Dukie
Heisman

CALLING ALL STUDENTS>>>>

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:04 am

SMU SID wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:I bet I could gather a group of 30s and 40s alums who could shame the current MOB. We could have an alum MOB to fill in for the student section during the holiday break.

We accept your offer. Contact me when next season's schedule comes out and we will let you try it for a game. Always looking for the next great idea. Maybe this is it!

So, alumni band, 30-40's alumni MOB, and 50's and over honorary M Rydel dance troup, getting down to the tunes during breaks in the game. How can this idea not bring the heat! I'd fly back from Singapore to see this unfold!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:32 am

Pre-game Jagermeister No Doubt
One Trick Pony

Postby friarwolf » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:09 am

For the Mob Alum game, bring back the knuckleheads and have them be the in game house band
friarwolf
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball