PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Good Win

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Good Win

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:24 pm

Was not super impressed with Tulsa, but like a lot of folks I was a little nervous after their performance against Cincy. We were the better team and showed it. This can be a very dangerous team, despite the depth.

Time for Temple! Go Mustangs!
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Re: Good Win

Postby SmooBoy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Seeing all the PonyFans in red and hearing the S-M-U chants is absolutely terrific. Noticed Prez Turner, Miller, Hart too. Traveling fans (and local OKers)are the best.
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:42 pm

was surprised to hear that SMU and Cincy are the only AAC teams to beat Tulsa at their place since they joined the AAC. Obviously that includes National Champion UConn and defending AAC Champ Temple as teams who have not won in Tulsa. Pretty impressive, especially considering the fact that none of the guys on this team have ever lost to Tulsa in Tulsa
Charleston Pony

Postby jimhagle » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:19 am

Tulsa played like a team with 9 losses last night. Not sure how that team almost beat Cincy and they should have.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 am

jimhagle wrote:Tulsa played like a team with 9 losses last night. Not sure how that team almost beat Cincy and they should have.

Maybe it's statistically impossible but I see AAC places 4-8 all finishing within a game either way of .500 in conference play. Mediocre attracts.

I really do like the future of this conference but this season we are a two-bidder.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:35 pm

SMU and Cincy are the only 2 programs in this league that can win conference games on the road. I just wish we had shown better on the road during the non-conference, but I guess it just took Froling's leaving for this team to gel
Charleston Pony

Postby smupony94 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:43 pm

smupony94

Return to Basketball