PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Credit to the Students

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Credit to the Students

Postby gostangs » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 pm

This board whines about student support of our sports pretty much 24/7 - but everyone has to agree this was a massive show of force by the students tonight. Packed on all three sides, kept energy high pretty much all night, several VERY loud moments, and lots of started chants.

Looked like every SMU male student was in the house. Great job - and they should be proud of the results, and hope they see how important it is.

Proud to be a Mustang tonight - and big congrats to the students.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Credit to the Students

Postby ponyte » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Jank comment about how great the crowd was today. I watched on my iPhone so didn't get the full flavor of the crowd.
ponyte

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:50 pm

gostangs wrote:This board whines about student support of our sports pretty much 24/7 - but everyone has to agree this was a massive show of force by the students tonight. Packed on all three sides, kept energy high pretty much all night, several VERY loud moments, and lots of started chants.

Looked like every SMU male student was in the house. Great job - and they should be proud of the results, and hope they see how important it is.

Need to have the new rules every game! It makes such a difference.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:50 pm

They show up for big games... unlike years past this year we had 1 in conference. Thanks UCONN as I have taking more impressive cra!ps this year than there team
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:They show up for big games... unlike years past this year we had 1 in conference. Thanks UCONN as I have taking more impressive cra!ps this year than there team

I see the celebration has set in for you. Congrats to you also!
gostangs

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Oh dont get me wrong I loved the MOB. However, it was what we thought it would be. No crystal ball needed. Pump the brakes on the new system until the Memphis game
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:58 pm

It's so funny reading the comments on Cincy's messages boards about how it should be "illegal" for how students can be so close to the opposing player and coach. Do I sense jealousy?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 pm

they also make it sound as though the students are directly behind the uc bench. Seems to me that there are several rows for visiting families right there.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:04 pm

Anyone complaining about our students by their bench never witnessed the greatness of Marcus' family at a Temple game. His mother alone may account for more noise and ferocious discontent and frenetic energy directed at the opponents bench than anything I have ever seen the MOB generate...and the MOB has been amazing at times!
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:05 pm

yeah - the problem is the elf boy wanders down in front of our students, and the TV picks it up. Then they assume that is behind the bench. It is not. Cronin stays where he is supposed to and there are no students behind him for 8 rows.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:18 pm

They were great

They were great pregame too and gave the team a big cheer when they entered for pregame-probably tightened us up early. 8)

I thought they right on point when the team needed a lift which isn't always easy when the team wasn't playing great-but I thought they helped fuel the runs whenever SMU made a big play
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Arkpony » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Both of the pre-game videos were greAt!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:18 pm

gostangs wrote:This board whines about student support of our sports pretty much 24/7 - but everyone has to agree this was a massive show of force by the students tonight. Packed on all three sides, kept energy high pretty much all night, several VERY loud moments, and lots of started chants.

The board and others "whined" to the right people and they were heard. A change wouldn't have been made if people weren't vocal about the bogus MOB rules.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby 78pony » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Students were awesome and Rick Hart & Co. listened and got it right! First class game presentation. We put out our best tonight and it was impressive.
78pony
Heisman

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 pm

I hope Hart tries to keep the same stuff going for Tulsa and Memphis. Let students in for free if others don't show up a certain amount of time before tipoff.

The team loves it. The more students the better.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball