PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thank You Jank!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thank You Jank!

Postby shadowman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Remember in November? SMU was 4-3 in basketball and the football team lost their last two games to miss bowl eligibility? The SMU faithful came over to the basketball board to bash this team and bash losing Larry and saying that SMU basketball was going down the tubes, and our beautiful arena would soon be a ghost town, like before.

Look at us now, Top of the conference, Top 25, just beat the #11 team, and most importantly, SMU has a team that could beat any team in the nation on any given day.

Tim Jankovich deserves so much credit for getting us through that tough start and elevating us to playing our best ball when it counts. SMU is a national force that no legitimate national championship caliber team would want to play.

/cheers
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Re: Thank You Jank!

Postby DiamondM75 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Just wonder what would be if we had a full bench and a couple bigs.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 pm

Everyone makes mistakes, and you react based on what's presented. We shouldn't have lost to Boise St. and we shouldn't have lost to Michigan as bad. Hey, I'm glad the players stepped it up and prove the nay-sayers wrong (I was one of them). I thought when we were 4-3 that we would barely go .500 in the conference let alone ever be considered for Top 25. I'm so glad I was wrong. It won't happen again next season.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Seems to be a theme. Our tourny year started 2-3 and then next thing you know was 18-3
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUstangs22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:05 pm

I have wanted to start a Jank thread but waited because we don't know what the team will be until he gets his guys in. Love how Jank has adjusted though
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball