PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 27 THREAD: Tulane vs. SMU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 27 THREAD: Tulane vs. SMU

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Typical people who go to SMU games:

When we started coming back mid way during the second half and had pulled to within one and then made a huge stop, all of Moody went nuts. We are in the second level and my buddy and I jumped on our feet clapping with the rest of the place. A group of 3 guys a few rows behind us chucked a beer at me because we were standing (briefly, maybe a few seconds). We asked why, and the response? "You were in my way."
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:36 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:Typical people who go to SMU games:

When we started coming back mid way during the second half and had pulled to within one and then made a huge stop, all of Moody went nuts. We are in the second level and my buddy and I jumped on our feet clapping with the rest of the place. A group of 3 guys a few rows behind us chucked a beer at me because we were standing (briefly, maybe a few seconds). We asked why, and the response? "You were in my way."

Seriously? Wow. Thank goodness my section wasn't like that because we were on our feet a ton in the second half!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:43 pm

I'd report that to fan services. They are very responsive to idiotic behavior.
smusic 00

Postby smupony94 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Next time tell them Mrydel and 94 would like a word with them
smupony94

OFFICIAL GAME 27 THREAD: Tulane vs. SMU

Postby mrydel » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

And a beer
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:56 pm

When we played Stanford some Stanford fans were in the seat in front of us. I yelled at the ref or somwthing and they turned around and said I was being too loud. I kindly told them to eff off, this is our house. You dont make the rules. What nerve of visitors in a hostile stadium

Anyways maybe its a generational thing?
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby malonish » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Legit- text me and I will handle it if the security won't.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:39 pm

They finally ended up apologizing after we spoke with a white shirt down in the concourse and left shortly thereafter. It's just stupid, we're all on the same team. Are you really going to get upset at other SMU fans cheering?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby Harry0569 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:50 pm

PerunasHoof wrote:They finally ended up apologizing after we spoke with a white shirt down in the concourse and left shortly thereafter. It's just stupid, we're all on the same team. Are you really going to get upset at other SMU fans cheering?

My blood is boiling right now. Good grief
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Harry0569 wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:They finally ended up apologizing after we spoke with a white shirt down in the concourse and left shortly thereafter. It's just stupid, we're all on the same team. Are you really going to get upset at other SMU fans cheering?

My blood is boiling right now. Good grief

Mine too. Total waste of beer. They should be run for that alone.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby PonySnob » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:17 pm

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby gostangs » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Its not just an SMU thing. People like that attend every sporting event for every team in the country. There is just a disconnect with some folks about when it is ok or not to stand up. In a small loud college hoops game that answer is - always. If you are in the third deck at a mavs game the answer is - never. Its not that exciting, so don't make people unhappy.

We do have some oldsters who are just too creaky to stand. whenever they are behind me I just tell them I am the type that stands and is loud since that is what college hoops is about, and hope I don't wear them out. just apologize in advance and most folks will at least shut up about it. Sit when it is obviously time to sit so they can see.
gostangs

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:07 pm

It's good people realize that this was an ugly win. Obviously my comment of how we are going to knocked out of the top 25 was hyperbolic. However, if we play like that against Houston or UCONN on the road, it's going to be a disaster. Fortunately, losing to either of those two teams won't be Armageddon on our tourney chances for the minimum at-large bid. Like I said, it's great that more rational part of PF saw this as bad, but sadly 2-3 (per the usual) goes full [deleted] or has an extremely low bar for success or accomplishment. :lol:

On to the next point, I will say that there are fans that generally give you the evil stare for being a fan, but SMU I think has an abnormal amount of those people in the stands. I just don't get the point of going to a game (excluding disable, old, etc.) and want to watch it quietly. Throw a beer? Wow, they need to hang out a quiet bar (if that even exists) and watch the game there. Very sorry to hear about your experience PerunasHoof.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:24 pm

PonySnob wrote:Image

Gu liked my tweet :D
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right