PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 27 THREAD: Tulane vs. SMU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 27 THREAD: Tulane vs. SMU

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 pm

untitled wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:That was the worst game I have ever seen. My God who was out there? It sure wasn't in hell the mustangs! Was it USF players in our uniforms? We barely squeaked by at home against a what 200 RPI team? Better get their asses in gear when they go on the road against mediocre but much better than Tulane.

worst game ever? I gather you haven't followed SMU basketball in the post death penalty era

THIS was the worst game ever: http://www.espn.com/ncb/recap/_/gameId/320462567

That is terrible game in the absolute but relative to what we were it was just a bad game. We are #19, defeated Cincy pretty handily. We got cocky and assume this would be a game to try out cool moves but instead get knocked out of our own stadium. We survived against 4 win team, so yeah when you put it together, this isn't a victory or to be proud of.
Last edited by SMU_Alum11 on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:15 pm

Gonna have games like that, especially after such intense games like the Cincy one.

Doesn't matter in the end. They overcame 15 point deficit to win by 5. I'll take it.
Last edited by Mustangs35SMU on Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ready4abowl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Credit to Jank for keeping them focused. Guy is doing an incredible job.

Creighton, 20th and South Carolina, 21st, both lost.
Restore the 80s Glory!
ready4abowl
Varsity

Postby leopold » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 pm

We're still SMU.

Winsa win.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:17 pm

ready4abowl wrote:Credit to Jank for keeping them focused. Guy is doing an incredible job.

Creighton, 20th and South Carolina, 21st, both lost.

I agree to that. He did and has been doing a great job. Very fortunate to have him because a weaker coach would of cracked under pressure.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby indianmustang » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 pm

hopefully they come better at houston
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:19 pm

Wow that was a bad game from the mustangs. Good teams find ways to win ugly games. We did that. Showed alot of intensity in the 2nd half. You could see the guys were all gased at the end of the game. Just so glad we won.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:26 pm

Tulane shot out of their minds in the first half. Credit to the boys for not checking out and making a 15 point comeback. Ugly win but they got it done in the 2nd.
Also nice job by the crowd. Did well encouraging the team.
skyscraper

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:27 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:Wow that was a bad game from the mustangs. Good teams find ways to win ugly games. We did that. Showed alot of intensity in the 2nd half. You could see the guys were all gased at the end of the game. Just so glad we won.

That should be very concerning. We had to spend so much energy, that we may not get our legs back 100% for the Houston game. That will not be a problem for the Cougars. they have been off this week, and they are building up the game with us, like we built up the Cincinnati game.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby mrydel » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:27 pm

untitled wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:That was the worst game I have ever seen. My God who was out there? It sure wasn't in hell the mustangs! Was it USF players in our uniforms? We barely squeaked by at home against a what 200 RPI team? Better get their asses in gear when they go on the road against mediocre but much better than Tulane.

worst game ever? I gather you haven't followed SMU basketball in the post death penalty era

THIS was the worst game ever: http://www.espn.com/ncb/recap/_/gameId/320462567

5 years ago to the day. Since then 2 seniors have over 100 wins each.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony81 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Just got back from the game. The crowd willed SMU to victory. Standing, screaming almost the entire 2nd half. Our guys played tough and inspired.

Horrible shooting night but those happen. Tulane shot out of their minds which will also happen. Thank God we wer at home and the crowd got into it. You could see the team's intensity jack up when the crowd went wild.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Jarrey"s slam was magnificent. That might have done it.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:49 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:In theory, we should drop out of the top 25 with that performance. I mean my goodness. Ugly ugly game. Heck the refs might have bailed us out.

Its was Championship drive caliber win-someday after you watch more than a handful of College Basketball games maybe you'll learn that sometimes Championship teams need to nut it up when they aren't playing well. Rising up in the face of adversity is the definition of a Championship team-name a good non-Championship SMU team and I'll show you a game where they didn't get it done. SMU once had the great Georgetown team with Patrick Ewing on the ropes after they played probably their worst games ever but they came back and took it from us. Guess what they call that team-National Champions. We beat UCONN 2 times in their National Championship but they didn't quit. They too are forever National Champions. And your worried about our national ranking after one of the great comebacks in SMU History

BTW why weren't YOU at the Game-the team needed the fans and those that were there rose to the occasion too. Loved the 2nd Half Standing Ovation before 2nd half tip
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:55 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:theory, we should drop out of the top 25 with that performance. I mean my goodness. Ugly ugly game. Heck the refs might have bailed us out.

Are you kidding me? Sometimes I absolutely hate PFs.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:03 am

LA_Mustang wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:theory, we should drop out of the top 25 with that performance. I mean my goodness. Ugly ugly game. Heck the refs might have bailed us out.

Are you kidding me? Sometimes I absolutely hate PFs.

Are you saying that was a great game? I'm confused... Did we not watch the same game?
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball