PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Houston on Saturday?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Houston on Saturday?

Postby CalallenStang » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:31 pm

soccermom wrote:They are going to try to "stripe" hofheinz by giving out red or white tshirts, depending on the section you're in.

So the 7-11 school is going to advertising for a competing convenience store chain?

CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Playing UNT wouldn't do us any good, I would rather play UTA, at least they are #69 KenPom versus UNT at #310. I remember a DMN article that said we should setup a local DFW tourney during out of conference between UNT,TCU and UTA. I rather us think larger than that. I think keeping TCU would be good especially if we an keep the football rivalry going, and adding UTA once in a while would be good as well. I hope in our OOC, we can schedule some big top 100 RPI schools.

I would much rather play UNT or UTA in a Metroplex Mayors' Trophy Tourney than #326 UCSB or #327 Delaware State as part of our non-conference slate. Only problem is that we might have to forego the annual TCU game and there would always be the possibility one of us might not reach the finals of a 2 round tourney. I doubt they would want to set up that tourney as a 3 game round robin event

We could have an annual Little Five with SMU, TCU, North Texas State, Texas-Arlington, and our favorite Dallas Christian!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby tristatecoog » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Is Keith Frazier out for the year? The Mean Green is awful. Surely his presence wouldn't hurt.

It's generally a red out at UH games. It might look cool to see red and white stripes on TV but it's a rather dark arena. Not like an outdoor football stadium.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:53 am

tristatecoog wrote:Is Keith Frazier out for the year? The Mean Green is awful. Surely his presence wouldn't hurt.

It's generally a red out at UH games. It might look cool to see red and white stripes on TV but it's a rather dark arena. Not like an outdoor football stadium.

Keith has played his last game in a UNT uniform, due to lingering injuries
CalallenStang

Postby PonyTime » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:55 pm

mrydel wrote:There she goes just a walkin down the street

Best scene of the movie!

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball