PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL GAME 28 THREAD: SMU vs. UH

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL GAME 28 THREAD: SMU vs. UH

Postby Stallion » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:08 pm

Pony_Law wrote:
gostangs wrote:someone on UH site said 1000 SMU fans there. Thats more than the UH average attendance i think.

Link?

I read it on the AAC message board
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:18 pm

For the benefit of those at the game that did not hear the on air announcers, speaking of our next opponent, they mentioned UConn and said that between the men's and women's teams, UConn has won 103 games in a row.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Ucon...
One Trick Pony

Postby jpe747 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:13 pm

I'm so excited. This is the one I worried about. SMU beat Cincinnati, had a scare from Tulane and started in the hole against a good team that would rather beat SMU at Houston than any other team. I worried that SMU would be looking at a downhill finish after Cincinnati. BUT, they put on their BB shorts and shoes and played a very good catch up game and closed down Houston. (I don't like Houston). Drinkin a little red whine to celebrate a GREAT comeback win. Wahoo!!! I mean Pony Up!
jpe747
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:12 am

Pony Up!!!

Great win and fantastic support down there!
Mustangs35SMU

Postby HTXPonyUp » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:44 am

Great win but bloody hell, the refs were calling so many ticky tacky fouls! UH fans have been blaming the refs for the loss. :roll: Eh, if their one guard didn't miss a bunch of free throws and turned it over two less times, maybe they might have a shot. Getting Gray Jr in foul trouble in the second half was the key turning point of the game. Glad the coaches saw what I saw and exploited that matchup.

Great atmosphere and support today! These guys need to rest up and recuperate after a rough two weeks. Looking forward to getting that lock by the media soon!

Oh, and my nephew now wants me to take him to Dallas to see them play at home because of our fans. Another round of applause everyone!
HTXPonyUp
Scout Team

Postby Mexmustang » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:47 am

Sprung my little brother out of MDA, put him an SMU neck gator and polo shirt, big emotional boost for him to see the game live....never know the importance of sports.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Postby soccermom » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:16 am

Mexmustang wrote:Sprung my little brother out of MDA, put him an SMU neck gator and polo shirt, big emotional boost for him to see the game live....never know the importance of sports.

Awesome
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jimhagle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:50 am

Anyone else notice how much they kept putting the camera on Gray sitting on the bench throughout the game and Sampson too? It was ridiculous. And we got hardly any camera time. Seemed like the broadcasting duo were pulling for UH too. And the refs,like has been talked about,were abysmal.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 am

Mexmustang wrote:Sprung my little brother out of MDA, put him an SMU neck gator and polo shirt, big emotional boost for him to see the game live....never know the importance of sports.

Wonderful Mex good to see you both.
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyte » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:12 am

I listened to the radio webcast while watching a Mardi Gras parade. It sounded like one exciting game. Wish I could have seen it. This has been one gusty team and has really performed well. I know we desire a good seed but the NCAA will never give us more than a 7th seed. Even if we were undefeated and beat the #1 team in the rankings 10 times in a season.
ponyte

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:19 am

That is great.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:24 am

ponyte wrote:I listened to the radio webcast while watching a Mardi Gras parade. It sounded like one exciting game. Wish I could have seen it. This has been one gusty team and has really performed well. I know we desire a good seed but the NCAA will never give us more than a 7th seed. Even if we were undefeated and beat the #1 team in the rankings 10 times in a season.

If we win out and get in the conference final, and the opponent is cinncinnatti, than we have a pretty good shot at the 5 seed - particularly if we win. I agree we can't get a 4. They just won't do it due to our conference strength this year.

Anything less than the above and we will be scrambling for a 7. If you examine it statistically, each of those seed spots on the ladder are golden. Huge advantage to have lesser teams in first game and not hit a 1 or two in the first two rounds.
gostangs

Postby Harry0569 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:38 am

Posted this on another site...

Jerry Palm at CBS has us as a 7. Based on the initial top 16 selections, the committee really cares about quality wins (rip top 50). We can argue about the quality of RPI, or lack thereof. Nonetheless, that's what the committee is using to split hairs.
We have 2/3 "quality wins" all year - cinci, tcu and maybe last night's at Houston. Other than that, zilch.
Really think the best we can do is a 5, but will prob be a 6 unless we win regular season and conference tournament.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby mustangxc » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:46 am

I'll take a 6 over a 5 because you face a 2 instead of a 1 in the sweet sixteen.
Last edited by mustangxc on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball