PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Purdue Game - Bench Play

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Purdue Game - Bench Play

Postby '91Pony » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:21 pm

I was unable to watch the Purdue game yesterday or listen to the Miami game.

Has Dement given up on this "Blue Team" mass substitution? In the Tech game it resulted in a 9-2 run by Tech and an 8-0 run by Wake.

I really think it is a terrible idea. I would much rather see substitutions that leave two or three starters on the floor with two or three bench guys (esp. putting in Pearson, Rack and Voc).
'91Pony

Re: Purdue Game - Bench Play

Postby mrydel » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:17 pm

Best move I saw was when Hopkins and Isham were both out due to 4 fouls. Announcers mentioned Dement would probably try to go 4 minutes or so and try to stay close so he could get them in at the end. That idea lasted about 1 minute until it was realized that at least one of them needed to be in to run the offense. Rather than waiting any longer Dement put them both back in with about 5 or 6 minutes left and they were able to stay in and took back control of the game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Purdue Game - Bench Play

Postby cheesepony » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:25 pm

He used the "mass substitution deal" several times. You would think that if you only get 6-15 minutes per game that you would show a ton of high energy in your face play, but our guys are coming off the floor not all that tired after substituting.
cheesepony
Recruit

Return to Basketball