PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU AP #17

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU AP #17

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Cincy now #15

Just keep swimming.
SmooBoy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU AP #17

Postby gostangs » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:12 pm

One at a time. UConn hasn't beaten us much and will be generally sour and pissed. Get some good rest and then go get them!
gostangs

Postby Smulaw90 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:28 pm

When the season started, I was upbeat about the coming year but felt that we had seen our best year pass us by. With Nic, JT and Markus gone, I felt that we might see Top 25 and maybe in the range of Top 22-23.

Here we are at #17. If you rank this team based on the last 20 games, we would be even higher. Those first few losses (esp. Boise) really set us back.

That being said, when I watch this Team, I feel like they are truly on a mission. There's no throat slashing, pistol pointing, grimace for the camera in this team. Instead, they group together and talk each other through each moment. From afar, its a thing of beauty. I think Jank sees it (and knows it) too.

Like everyone else, let's take one game at a time. But I gotta say, come Tournament time, I will be wherever they play. Villanova went on a crazy run last year with a team that was cohesively on the same page.
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Smulaw90 wrote:When the season started, I was upbeat about the coming year but felt that we had seen our best year pass us by. With Nic, JT and Markus gone, I felt that we might see Top 25 and maybe in the range of Top 22-23.

Here we are at #17. If you rank this team based on the last 20 games, we would be even higher. Those first few losses (esp. Boise) really set us back.

That being said, when I watch this Team, I feel like they are truly on a mission. There's no throat slashing, pistol pointing, grimace for the camera in this team. Instead, they group together and talk each other through each moment. From afar, its a thing of beauty. I think Jank sees it (and knows it) too.

Like everyone else, let's take one game at a time. But I gotta say, come Tournament time, I will be wherever they play. Villanova went on a crazy run last year with a team that was cohesively on the same page.

It's been two seasons - pre-Aussies and post-Aussies. The post-Aussie team is cohesive and almost unbeatable.
SmooBoy

Postby skyscraper » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:48 pm

#ponyup
skyscraper

Postby mustangxc » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:09 pm

I knew we were top 40 all season long and that is why even after the 3 losses in 4 games I still predicted we would make the NCAA tournament. I was hopeful we would play as well as we have, but without having seen Semi play, I did not know what to expect. He has met and surpassed all my expectations. I am back to my initial prediction of Sweet Sixteen, and hoping for more. What a great team to watch and support!
mustangxc

Postby SMUstangs22 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 pm

mustangxc wrote:I knew we were top 40 all season long and that is why even after the 3 losses in 4 games I still predicted we would make the NCAA tournament. I was hopeful we would play as well as we have, but without having seen Semi play, I did not know what to expect. He has met and surpassed all my expectations. I am back to my initial prediction of Sweet Sixteen, and hoping for more. What a great team to watch and support!

Make up for 2 years ago. What a platter we had it handed to us on... UAB 2nd round. What else could we have asked for :oops:
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU Section F » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:57 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:
mustangxc wrote:I knew we were top 40 all season long and that is why even after the 3 losses in 4 games I still predicted we would make the NCAA tournament. I was hopeful we would play as well as we have, but without having seen Semi play, I did not know what to expect. He has met and surpassed all my expectations. I am back to my initial prediction of Sweet Sixteen, and hoping for more. What a great team to watch and support!

Make up for 2 years ago. What a platter we had it handed to us on... UAB 2nd round. What else could we have asked for :oops:

Official review on the call of goaltending? (Not allowed.)

One of Nic's two final shots to drop. (So damn close...)
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:43 pm

Not to open old wounds but those last 2 shots kill me. Cant believe he missed both
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Would have been the ultimate stage for Nic and for all of us. And yes UAB was next up - complete craziness on the draw. Its the one that got away for our basketball program.
gostangs

Postby Pony64 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:Not to open old wounds but those last 2 shots kill me. Cant believe he missed both

I was there watching both of those shots drop and I still cant believe neither went down. Have to move forward. Still hard though.
Pony64
Varsity

Postby SMU Section F » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Pony64 wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:Not to open old wounds but those last 2 shots kill me. Cant believe he missed both

I was there watching both of those shots drop and I still cant believe neither went down. Have to move forward. Still hard though.

Hell, I thought the second one did. If it weren't for Markus' reaction, I'd have had an embarrassing celebration.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby SMUstangs22 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:35 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
Pony64 wrote:

Hell, I thought the second one did. If it weren't for Markus' reaction, I'd have had an embarrassing celebration.

Yup it went straight down like it was back iron in. To be fair to MK I had the same reaction on the living room floor.
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Cunningham doesn't turn the ball over by the sudeline with us up and none of that ever happens.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SMULaxer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:51 pm

just stop it
Pay Lashlee more money
SMULaxer
Heisman

Next

Return to Basketball