PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Where are all those...

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Where are all those...

Postby PonyTime » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 am

hoopmanx wrote:Lol, what does winning a tourney game have to do w anything? If we went last year, we'd have no Sterling/ben or '17 class. Also, Semi's not playing last year had nothing to do w sanctions. This isn't that hard folks.

Keep in mind that we could have Semi for NEXT year's run as well. Still might be able to get two NCAA runs with him in the lineup.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby longbuzzer » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:41 am

As our own Dandy Don Meredith often quoted on Monday Night Football, "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas."
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:44 am

Right, if we are going to second guess anything let's just do away with the whole Keith Frazier ordeal. Then, we would have no post-season ban and no scholarship restriction.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:11 pm

hoopmanx wrote:honestly, there were more than a few of those sentiments at 4-3. Its not really an I told you so thread, as much as 'we're a program now,' think that way.

I was certainly one who felt that way, but thankfully those who should know more than me actually did know more than me.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 pm

If Mudiay had enrolled at SMU and decided to pursue his degree through Graduation he would be running Point for this year's team as a Junior.

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 pm

PonyTime wrote:If Mudiay had enrolled at SMU and decided to pursue his degree through Graduation he would be running Point for this year's team as a Junior.

One and done from day one. Now we've moved from a bit buzzed to flat out tripping.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby smupony94 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
PonyTime wrote:If Mudiay had enrolled at SMU and decided to pursue his degree through Graduation he would be running Point for this year's team as a Junior.

One and done from day one. Now we've moved from a bit buzzed to flat out tripping.

We would also no longer have a basketball team if Mudiay stepped foot on a court for SMU. Appealing last years NCAA ban would be moot as we would have been permanently banned.
smupony94

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:29 pm

And if mudiay had come here imagine all the great recruits who would have come to play with him too...
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:

I hope you realize that I am intentionally throwing out inane what-if scenarios now... the other posters are correct in that we would no longer have a basketball program.

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:42 pm

smupony94 wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:

We would also no longer have a basketball team if Mudiay stepped foot on a court for SMU. Appealing last years NCAA ban would be moot as we would have been permanently banned.

But that would solve the confusion of posting women's basketball under the same forum as men's.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:02 pm

hoopmanx wrote:Lol, what does winning a tourney game have to do w anything? If we went last year, we'd have no Sterling/ben or '17 class. Also, Semi's not playing last year had nothing to do w sanctions. This isn't that hard folks.

You have to be kidding. Winning in the Tournament is everything. Not talking about one game, I am talking about getting to at least the second weekend.
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:13 pm

mrydel wrote:But that would solve the confusion of posting women's basketball under the same forum as men's.

Definitely one of the most confounding things in life.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Previous

Return to Basketball