PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU should handle UCONN on Saturday

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU should handle UCONN on Saturday

Postby skyscraper » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 pm

There was nothing I saw tonight vs UH that made me scared.
On the contrary -- a mentally fragile team overly reliant on outside shooting. We can handle that.
Last edited by skyscraper on Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU should handle UCONN on Saturday

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Saint Skyscraper?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby skyscraper » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:47 pm

From my keyboard to basketball Jesus' ears. ;)
skyscraper

Postby Smulaw90 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:53 pm

UCONN men's team is a thing of the past. The team I watched tonight was unimpressive, uninspired, and undisciplined. Horrible team given their level of talent. Ollie will be gone after next year if they don't make the tourny. No way this team can win the AAC tournament.
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyLawExpress » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:54 pm

I agree, but am going to say I am nervous about this game just for good luck. Last Road game of the regular season need to take care of business.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:20 am

On the Road-easily toughest games of the season remaining. Win it and its all downhill. Memphis and Tulsa aren't going to take a Championship from us in Moody
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:21 am

I think UConn could be pretty damn good next season with Gilbert and Larrier coming back from injuries, especially if Jalen Adams returns. For our conference's (and our RPI) sake, I hope they are
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 am

Stallion wrote:On the Road-easily toughest games of the season remaining. Win it and its all downhill. Memphis and Tulsa aren't going to take a Championship from us in Moody

Stallion's post of the year.....or at least the week.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby SMUstangs22 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 am

This thread is begging for trouble
SMUstangs22
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:22 am

LA_Mustang wrote:
Stallion wrote:On the Road-easily toughest games of the season remaining. Win it and its all downhill. Memphis and Tulsa aren't going to take a Championship from us in Moody

Stallion's post of the year.....or at least the week.

Dead on. We have to remember that SMU is the team (along with Cincy) that is going to get everyone's best shot and most hostile crowd this year
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:44 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:I think UConn could be pretty damn good next season with Gilbert and Larrier coming back from injuries, especially if Jalen Adams returns. For our conference's (and our RPI) sake, I hope they are

LOL....Thank you for adding this to what was quickly becoming a "Boneyard Bulletin Board thread."

How are those wacky Husky fans anyway?

"UCONN is a really fine school with a really fine coach and a really fine program full of really fine athletes and we look forward to going up there and trying to get the W."

There.
'
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Smulaw90 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:18 am

SMUstangs22 wrote:This thread is begging for trouble

I think everyone on here would love to see UCONN return to strength. Its good for our conference and would be great for other competitive reasons.

That being said, the team I've watched this year has been unimpressive. And it shouldn't matter that they've had key injuries. The rest of their team is loaded with recruits that should be able to keep up with Houston and others.

Aside from a handful of realistic and honest fans, most of them view SMU has a "johnny-come-lately" who shouldn't even be in the same conference with them. So eff'm.....

To those who do have respect for SMU and what we've accomplished these last four years with one hand tied behind our back (by our own doing), here's to next year and a renewed rivalry.

The world is better when the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys are all good. Ask the NFL...
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:37 am

Smulaw90 wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:This thread is begging for trouble

I think everyone on here would love to see UCONN return to strength. Its good for our conference and would be great for other competitive reasons.

That being said, the team I've watched this year has been unimpressive. And it shouldn't matter that they've had key injuries. The rest of their team is loaded with recruits that should be able to keep up with Houston and others.

Aside from a handful of realistic and honest fans, most of them view SMU has a "johnny-come-lately" who shouldn't even be in the same conference with them. So eff'm.....

To those who do have respect for SMU and what we've accomplished these last four years with one hand tied behind our back (by our own doing), here's to next year and a renewed rivalry.

The world is better when the Giants, Redskins and Cowboys are all good. Ask the NFL...

:lol: yeah. but F the Eagles :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:37 am

for all the bashing of the AAC, now that SMU is finally contributing, I really do think the American has the potential to become a really strong basketball conference that will be pretty competitive on the gridiron as well. Have to believe UConn will not be down long and Memphis and Temple have too much history to not claw their way back to the top. Houston has had good programs through the years and Cincy has been pretty consistent. Our challenge is to take the level of competition to a height that will prepare our teams to make deep runs in the NCAA Tourney.
Charleston Pony

Postby lollaperuna » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:45 am

100% agree that UCONN getting back to being UCONN would benefit everyone. This should be a game circled on the calendar every year instead of a meh which it is this year. I don't think Ollie survives long term because they lost to teams this year that they should be able to handle with 4 players.

I expect a close game, but we aren't going to lose.
lollaperuna
All-American

Next

Return to Basketball