PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Semi at #45 Draft Prospect

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Semi at #45 Draft Prospect

Postby dr. rick » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 am

45. Semi Ojeleye, SMU: Isn’t settling for jump shots as much lately, getting to the line 36 times over his past four games.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/top-7 ... losing-in/
dr. rick
Junior Varsity

Re: Semi at #45 Draft Prospect

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 am

13 spots ahead of Marques Bolden.

From Bolden's latest scouting report:

"...should transfer to SMU for a year or two as Semi Ojeleye has."
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:56 am

I wonder if a 2nd round pick is enticing enough to get Semi to go pro with another year of eligibility left. I think it helps us that he has really only played one season of college basketball and is really enjoying it. I think it also helps he is a big time student, so the school part isn't a drag like it is for a lot of guys.

I'd be surprised if he didn't go to the combine, but I'd go 60-40 him coming back unless he shoots up the boards to a 1st rounder (which I don't see this year). Deep draft and still too much of a tweener needs to prove more.

If Bolden was smart he would transfer and come back home. He has lost sooo much stock he has to go backnnext year. And he might not start, especially if Giles comes back (with them having Jetsr, foreign guy and adding Wendell Carter)
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 am

First off, everyone needs to be ready for Semi and Shake to test the waters. Heck, maybe even Jarrey. They need to know where they stand. I'd expect all to come back, especially if/when Semi measures short.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 am

I am just thankful they are allowed to test the waters and then come back if so desired. Not too long ago that was not the case and it hurt not only the schools but many careers.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:16 am

hoopmanx wrote:First off, everyone needs to be ready for Semi and Shake to test the waters. Heck, maybe even Jarrey. They need to know where they stand. I'd expect all to come back, especially if/when Semi measures short.

This is PonyFans so there will be wide spread panic no mater what happens after the end of the season. Hoop any smoke about Bolden and his thoughts about his time at duke?
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby SmooBoy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 am

Are we talking about the Duke transfer?
SmooBoy

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 am

hoopmanx wrote:First off, everyone needs to be ready for Semi and Shake to test the waters. Heck, maybe even Jarrey. They need to know where they stand. I'd expect all to come back, especially if/when Semi measures short.

heh...if you could supply Xanax through a keyboard you would be rich.

They'd all be nuts not to open that door.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:23 am

SmooBoy wrote:Are we talking about the Duke transfer?

:lol: lets stoke it right now....
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:57 am

I dont know anything about Bolden, though there is another transfer I know we're on. All that said, the guys I hear we're on, don't seem like they'd be eligible next year, so thats baffling
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:27 pm

hoopmanx wrote:I dont know anything about Bolden, though there is another transfer I know we're on. All that said, the guys I hear we're on, don't seem like they'd be eligible next year, so thats baffling

That is really surprising, unless the guy is a total stud/must take OR we expect some attrition whether it be through the draft (Semi or Shake, which I doubt they are counting on, since more likely they will be back) or someone like McDowell parting ways (which also seems a bit unlikely).

I do love that we are still getting in on transfers to go along with Jank's well built recruiting staff.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Return to Basketball