PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

One week from today

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: One week from today

Postby Junior » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:26 pm

It's nice to control our our destiny at this point. Just win, baby!
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustang1980 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Regular Season + AAC Tournament Championship = 30-4 ...........

Why not add another SIX CINDERELLA WINS at the BIG DANCE ?????
The Sun Rises in St. Simons!
Mustang1980
Junior Varsity

Postby SMULaxer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:40 am

Mustang1980 wrote:Regular Season + AAC Tournament Championship = 30-4 ...........

Why not add another SIX CINDERELLA WINS at the BIG DANCE ?????

Zero chill
Pay Lashlee more money
SMULaxer
Heisman

Postby shadowman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:16 am

Thursday could actually be the big day. SMU needs to be prepared for an all out celebration then as well.

Houston plays at Cincy at 6pm central on Thursday (SMU tips off at 7pm Central).

With the way Houston is playing, there is at least a decent chance that they beat Cincy and the game should be final during halftime of the SMU game.

Just saying, SMU could clinch it all on Thursday, so we need to be ready then as well.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:21 am

I celebrate clinching a Co-Championship too-hasn't happened enough in my life-so I'm selfish like that. Left one on the table last year
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby shadowman » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:23 am

Stallion wrote:I celebrate clinching a Co-Championship too-hasn't happened enough in my life-so I'm selfish like that. Left one on the table last year

Good point, an SMU win should be a reason for a celebration, regardless of the Cincy outcome. May need to make it bigger though if Cougar High takes it to the bearcats.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:41 am

Isn't the confetti falling and team getting the trophy celebration still gonna be after the Memphis game, even though if we beat Tulsa we are co-Champs? I thought it was always the last game even if you had clinched.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:21 am

Confetti on Saturday. Unless you bring your own Thursday.
skyscraper

Postby gostangs » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 am

I'm just long enough of a Mustang fan to hate all this talk before the games. I know it is completely irrational based on the quality of the team in front of us, but then again we did almost dig ourselves too big a hole vs lowly Tulane (who is improving fast).

Remember our announcement show? Talk of parades and confetti at this point makes me want to throw up.
gostangs

Postby skyscraper » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 am

Please do not throw up in the confetti. It will be harder to clean up.
skyscraper

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:44 am

shadowman wrote:Thursday could actually be the big day. SMU needs to be prepared for an all out celebration then as well.

Houston plays at Cincy at 6pm central on Thursday (SMU tips off at 7pm Central).

With the way Houston is playing, there is at least a decent chance that they beat Cincy and the game should be final during halftime of the SMU game.

Just saying, SMU could clinch it all on Thursday, so we need to be ready then as well.

Biggest issue I see for Cinci is that Troy Caupain seems to be shrinking in adversity situations. Not good for your senior guard to be struggling like that. I wonder if Mike calling him out about his game with us was the wrong move from a sports psychology standpoint. That said Houston is so dependent on two player's going off that cinci should be able to handle them at home.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:47 am

Quite feasible for Cinci to win the conference still
smupony94

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 am

Pony_Law wrote:
shadowman wrote:Thursday could actually be the big day. SMU needs to be prepared for an all out celebration then as well.

Biggest issue I see for Cinci is that Troy Caupain seems to be shrinking in adversity situations. Not good for your senior guard to be struggling like that. I wonder if Mike calling him out about his game with us was the wrong move from a sports psychology standpoint. That said Houston is so dependent on two player's going off that cinci should be able to handle them at home.

Houston winning at Cincy will be a tall order. Not impossible of course. . .but they are going to have to really bring the thunder for 40 min to get that road win.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 am

I think Houston is the type of team Cincy loves playing. A team that plays little D, so they dont have problems scoring and is reliant on two shooters. I think Cincy handles UH by 7-10, unless they just come out and drag [deleted].

Us and UCF are teams that give Cincy trouble. Teams that play really good D, because if they aren't hitting like they were at home against us they really have trouble scoring and can lose a defensive slugfest.

I doubt Cincy loses again, but its very unlikely that we arent, at least, co-league champs like less than 1%. And I imagine our team is going to be focused and ready to go, especially on Senior night.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 pm

BUMP
so much confetti falling about 5 pm Saturday
skyscraper

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball