PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tulsa game in Washington DC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tulsa game in Washington DC

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Just arrived in DC on a last minute business trip. Assuming the the hotel bar doesn't carry CBSSportsnet, anyone have any sports bar suggestions? Hotel is on L St. SE, if that helps.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Tulsa game in Washington DC

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Not too familiar with SE but there should be plenty of places around the ballpark.

Normally not a big chain guy but there is a Gordon Biersch at 1st and M I know the one at Northpark always has all of the sports stations.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:07 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Not too familiar with SE but there should be plenty of places around the ballpark.

Normally not a big chain guy but there is a Gordon Biersch at 1st and M I know the one at Northpark always has all of the sports stations.

Yes, I am in the hotel and GB is about a block and a half away. The question is if I should walk a further block to get to a BWW.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby well travelled pony » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:37 am

CA Mustang wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:Not too familiar with SE but there should be plenty of places around the ballpark.

Yes, I am in the hotel and GB is about a block and a half away. The question is if I should walk a further block to get to a BWW.

I hope you went to GB over BWW. The Biersch is awesome and a brewing classic. BWW is so pedestrian.

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby CA Mustang » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 am

well travelled pony wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:

I hope you went to GB over BWW. The Biersch is awesome and a brewing classic. BWW is so pedestrian.

Go Ponies!

I went to GB first (it was closer), but they weren't showing the game! So I walked over to BWW and even though the place was crowded, they were happy to put the game on!
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball