PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Has Clinched the No. 1 Seed

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Has Clinched the No. 1 Seed

Postby Stallion » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:42 am

I'm confused-I thought if SMU and Cincy tied it depended on Memphis finishing higher than UCF. But this source says we have clinched the no. 1 seed. Oh its probably because Cincy lost to UCF the other nite and now SMU has the tiebreaker based on UCF too

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/t ... df?id=1227
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Has Clinched the No. 1 Seed

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 am

Correct. I was wondering the same and determined it had to be the UCF win over Cincy.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Has Clinched the No. 1 Seed

Postby PonyRef » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:49 pm

Stallion wrote:I'm confused-I thought if SMU and Cincy tied it depended on Memphis finishing higher than UCF. But this source says we have clinched the no. 1 seed. Oh its probably because Cincy lost to UCF the other nite and now SMU has the tiebreaker based on UCF too

http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/t ... df?id=1227

Yes, that is if we both won out and finished 17-1. Now the only way to finish tied, is for us to lose on Saturday and Cincy win. Then the tie breaker would go down the standings. #3 Houston - both swept. UCF (has clinched 4th) - Cincy loss puts us #1. Our loss would be Memphis (below UCF). So, basically from a seeding purpose, this game means nothing. (Of course, everything for an outright title.)
PonyRef
Scout Team

Return to Basketball