PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Elijah Landrum

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Elijah Landrum

Postby Pony_Law » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:05 am

SMULaxer wrote:
Whitwiki Pony wrote:Don't expect the freshmen to play a ton

Do we then expect them to transfer

I think the kid from USF won't be elidgible to star th the year. That means with everyone back we have 5 upperclassmen. There are potentially a lot of minutes for underclassmen to be had.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:15 am

Pony_Law wrote:
SMULaxer wrote:
Whitwiki Pony wrote:Don't expect the freshmen to play a ton

Do we then expect them to transfer

I think the kid from USF won't be elidgible to star th the year. That means with everyone back we have 5 upperclassmen. There are potentially a lot of minutes for underclassmen to be had.

Correct. McMurray will not be eligible until the end of the first semester.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:27 am

I agree pony law, I think that's one of the Silverlinings of McMurray not being eligible till mid year is it will let the freshman guards get some minutes to show what they can do. But once McMurray is eligible probably only one of Landrum, Douglas and McDowell will get many significant minutes (my guess Douglas), unless they are a stud and earn them. (Since we will have Shake, Whitt, McMurray, Gu, and Foster[likely play G/W/F]).

Both Bigs are going to get minutes next year out of necessity even if we get a Grad T. The one that steps up and is more ready will likely get good minutes. But both will play.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:49 am

from what I've been told, Landrum isn't a big frosh contributor. They love him as an athlete, defender, but he plays undisciplined right now. I'd think both Chargois and Ray get solid time, but I'd still expect them to be 3rd and 4th bigs
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball