PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

PURDUE DVD UPDATE 3

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

PURDUE DVD UPDATE 3

Postby Diehard Pony » Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:14 pm

All of the remaining orders, excluding 2 new ones received today, went in today's mail before the 3PM closing.

Once you receive your disk and get a chance to play it, I would appreciate your comments about it positive, or negative, and do so on Ponyfans.com. Issues might be common to everyone who received one. Initially I was trying to view them for quality control, but the large number of orders precluded me from continuing to do so.

Also, when you see the game (if you haven't already) I think you will witness both the Rack and Lowe in break out games.

I hope you enjoy it. I've seen mine several times, and still get a kick out of it.

P.S. FloridaMustang I am still awaiting your address. Thks.

<small>[ 12-27-2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Diehard Pony ]</small>
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: PURDUE DVD UPDATE 3

Postby FloridaMustang » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:16 pm

Sorry about that! I didnt get your email until today.. check your box.

Money is in the mail tomorrow.
Thanks!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Diehard Pony » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:06 pm

All orders received through today are now either in the mail or FedEx, as requested.

Be on the watch.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:31 pm

Just got your voicemail, DieHard. Will try to give you a ring tomorrow.

Excellent work on the DVD! The inlaws were a little puzzled by my insistence on playing it on Christmas day!
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby The Q » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:40 pm

Looks like I'm a late arrival to this topic - someone has a DVD of the game? What are you charging for copies?
The Q
Varsity

Postby Diehard Pony » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:44 pm

Originally posted by The Q:
Looks like I'm a late arrival to this topic - someone has a DVD of the game? What are you charging for copies?
Just $5.00...well below cost. I'm happy to comply. Just send me an e-mail.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:39 am

*prays his DVD is in his mail box today*
I hate living 2 hours away lol
Mustangs35SMU

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:10 pm

Just thought I post this artical I found

A loss on the road to Oklahoma is understandable for Purdue.

Losing at home to Southern Methodist is not.

The 22nd-ranked Boilermakers hope to rebound from one their most surprising losses in recent memory when they host struggling Evansville in an all-Indiana matchup on Saturday.

Purdue has used the Boilermaker Invitational as its own personal tuneup for the Big Ten schedule, posting a 23-1 record since its inception in 1990. The Boilermakers opened this year's tournament last Saturday with an 80-69 victory over Indiana-Purdue-Fort Wayne, but their 22-game win streak in the event came to a stunning end Sunday with a 60-59 loss to SMU.

Purdue's only other loss in the tournament was to Wisconsin-Green Bay, 69-53 on Dec. 7, 1991.

SMU's Bryan Hopkins scored on a driving layup with 24 seconds left, and Kenneth Lowe missed on two chances to win the game for the Boilermakers in the final seconds.

``I think that we've had games like this all year and got away with them,'' Purdue coach Gene Keady said. ``We didn't compete tonight and SMU just outplayed us.''

Poor outside shooting and a lack of defensive intensity were mainly to blame for Purdue's second loss in four games - the other at then-No. 11 Oklahoma on Dec. 11. Lowe, David Teague and Melvin Buckley combined to shoot just 31.4 percent (11-for-35) while SMU shot 51 percent (24-of-47).

``This team, right now, can go either way,'' Keady said. ``We can either be a real bad team in March or a real fun team. It's going to be a nice test to see how we respond.''

Lowe had 19 points and seven rebounds and was named tournament MVP. He is the only Purdue player with a double-figure scoring average this season, netting 15.1 points per game.

Getting back into the win column Sunday is imperative for the Boilermakers, whose schedule gets much more difficult next week. Purdue visits Colorado State on Tuesday in the first of four straight road games, a stretch which includes the start of Big Ten play Jan. 7 against Iowa.

Evansville (1-6) has lost two straight after beating Eastern Illinois on Dec. 13 for its only win of the season

The Purple Aces allowed 20 points in the final 5:12 of the game in losing 92-82 to Western Kentucky on Saturday.

This will be Evansville's first game against a ranked opponent since it beat then-No. 9 Creighton 74-66 on Jan. 23. The Purple Aces are just 2-12 against Big Ten teams in 27 years at the Division I level.

Purdue is 3-0 against Evansville at home, but this is the first meeting between the teams since 1984.
Mustangs35SMU

Postby StangEsq » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:52 pm

Originally posted by Mustangs35SMU:
Just thought I post this artical I found
Where did you find this article? A purdue loss to anyone is understandable. Keady is a joke... the Mac Brown of college basketball.

By the way thanks to DHP for the DVD. Received it today and will check it out tomorrow. :]

<small>[ 12-29-2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: StangEsq ]</small>
StangEsq
Heisman

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:04 am

Found it on my AOL website thingy
Like here Ill get the site
Ack its gone now..I dunno where it called but oo well the site where it was is done now
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Basketball