PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Draft Express Update: Shake & Semi

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Draft Express Update: Shake & Semi

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:The comment I worry about from Semi in his interview with Doris Burke...while discussing that he only had to take one class this semester because he was so far ahead of what is required was : "I don't really like having to go to class". My question is whether he has already earned an undergraduate degree and if so, is he able to come back and take undergrad courses towards a second degree or is he interested in pursuing a graduate degree? If not, and the NBA is an attractive option, I would expect him to leave. Not sure what is required under NCAA rules to maintain eligibility. From what I have seen and read about him and his parents, I assumed he would want to use his college eligibility to work towards a graduate degree

He is graduating this Year but he has a year of eligibility left. Pretty sure you can always take classes from your university even after graduation so long as you pay for them (or in his case it would be on scholly). My guess is if he stays he probably starts his Masters or just take cake walk classes..
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Re: Draft Express Update: Shake & Semi

Postby PonyLawExpress » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Pony_Law wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:The comment I worry about from Semi in his interview with Doris Burke...while discussing that he only had to take one class this semester because he was so far ahead of what is required was : "I don't really like having to go to class". My question is whether he has already earned an undergraduate degree and if so, is he able to come back and take undergrad courses towards a second degree or is he interested in pursuing a graduate degree? If not, and the NBA is an attractive option, I would expect him to leave. Not sure what is required under NCAA rules to maintain eligibility. From what I have seen and read about him and his parents, I assumed he would want to use his college eligibility to work towards a graduate degree

He is graduating this Year but he has a year of eligibility left. Pretty sure you can always take classes from your university even after graduation so long as you pay for them (or in his case it would be on scholly). My guess is if he stays he probably starts his Masters or just take cake walk classes..

I don't think any student-athlete really likes going to class, but its part of life to play college hoops. If he returned would be working on a graduate degree and I think he would value getting a master's.

There is little point guessing what Semi will do after this season. He could decide to go pro regardless of where he is projected, he could decide only if he is a 1st rounder to go, or he could decide he wants to come back for another season to improve his stock, get a masters, and compete for another championship/enjoy the college hoops experience. Semi is definitely going to do what his heart tells him to do and what he thinks is best.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball