PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Final Four Seats

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Final Four Seats

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:48 am

Does anyone know where typically a schools allotment of tickets are located in a final four site? I assume they are upper rafters but I'm looking for someone who can confirm or deny.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Re: Final Four Seats

Postby Dukie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:17 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Does anyone know where typically a schools allotment of tickets are located in a final four site? I assume they are upper rafters but I'm looking for someone who can confirm or deny.

Each school gets a mix--a smaller number courtside, then a slightly larger contingent higher up. It's a similar arrangement to a second-/third-round site or a regional, just adjusted for the football-field arena size.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Dukie wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:Does anyone know where typically a schools allotment of tickets are located in a final four site? I assume they are upper rafters but I'm looking for someone who can confirm or deny.

Each school gets a mix--a smaller number courtside, then a slightly larger contingent higher up. It's a similar arrangement to a second-/third-round site or a regional, just adjusted for the football-field arena size.

I believe the baseline seats in the allotments are reserved for students by the NCAA.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:16 pm

I went to the FF in Atlanta in 2013 and sat in the Wichita St. section.

Each school is allotted a few sections behind and across from the benches. Center court is blocked off for Corporate Sponsors and Coaches.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dukie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:41 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
Dukie wrote:

I believe the baseline seats in the allotments are reserved for students by the NCAA.

Nope, it's entirely up to the schools. If they do it right, yes, they give the closest seats to the students. But the NCAA does not require it, and some schools do indeed put the students in the rafters.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby okcponyfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Harry0569 wrote:I went to the FF in Atlanta in 2013 and sat in the Wichita St. section.

Each school is allotted a few sections behind and across from the benches. Center court is blocked off for Corporate Sponsors and Coaches.

this...

went to houston last year, sat in the OU Section, it was behind the bench. after OU got whipped up on it was crazy. People were trying to buy the seats for the next game and also the championship game.

I thought when the FF was in Jerryworld SMU students got to sit and pretend to be UCONN students but maybe thats just an urban legend
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby Pony147 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:55 pm

okcponyfan wrote:I thought when the FF was in Jerryworld SMU students got to sit and pretend to be UCONN students but maybe thats just an urban legend

That happened. Since SMU was a host they gave away 250 tickets to students to sit on the floor. I had a couple of buddies who went and said they were awful seats and couldn't see [deleted]
"[College] referees couldn't manage a White Castle." -Mark Cuban
Pony147
Heisman

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:27 pm

okcponyfan wrote:
Harry0569 wrote:I went to the FF in Atlanta in 2013 and sat in the Wichita St. section.

this...

went to houston last year, sat in the OU Section, it was behind the bench. after OU got whipped up on it was crazy. People were trying to buy the seats for the next game and also the championship game.

I thought when the FF was in Jerryworld SMU students got to sit and pretend to be UCONN students but maybe thats just an urban legend

I got offered $3K for my four tickets when I was walking to the bathroom after Wichita St. lost.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby ponyfan37 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Student Section seats are horrible. Can't see [deleted].
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby AustinPerson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:45 pm

It's way too soon to be starting posts like this. The administrator should delete this thread.
AustinPerson
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:48 pm

lol chill bro

I'll chime in with my Final Four seat story from Jerry World a few years ago. Waited until 25 minutes before tip on that Saturday and bought two lower level baseline seats above the student section for $90 each.
Seats weren't the greatest, but weren't awful. The student section seats are below the court since it's on a riser/stage center of the stadium. Felt bad for the kids,
skyscraper

Postby smupony94 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:58 pm

skyscraper wrote:lol chill bro

I'll chime in with my Final Four seat story from Jerry World a few years ago. Waited until 25 minutes before tip on that Saturday and bought two lower level baseline seats above the student section for $90 each.
Seats weren't the greatest, but weren't awful. The student section seats are below the court since it's on a riser/stage center of the stadium. Felt bad for the kids,

Went to that FF and it was the worst. Spent a heck of alot of money to watch it on the jumbo screen.
smupony94

Postby Pony_Law » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:45 pm

I know why they do it but basketball in a football stadium is the worst. They should but it in an NBA area and just jack up prices even more.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby AustinPerson » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:58 pm

skyscraper wrote:lol chill bro

Don't "bro" me. I'll find you in your v-neck Hurley t-shirt at the Final Four in Phoenix and fight you.
AustinPerson
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Pony_Law wrote:I know why they do it but basketball in a football stadium is the worst. They should but it in an NBA area and just jack up prices even more.

Because they can already charge jacked up prices and sell 60,000 tickets. sucks but the almighty dollar rules. How cool would a Final Four be at MSG?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Next

Return to Basketball