PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BOK Center Tulsa Oklahoma

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: BOK Center Tulsa Oklahoma

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:34 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Mercy, are some of you guys coming straight to the game from your Alcoholics Anonymous meeting?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:38 pm

It's a good thing we have an afternoon game. For SMU fans - its always 5 o'clock somewhere.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby FriscoPMG » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:42 pm

ponyfan37 wrote:Tulsa is actually a great city. There obviously isn't as much to do as in Dallas, but there are plenty of great places to go if you're there for a weekend. Also, I think we have the nicest people in the world (outside of the delusional Tulsa "fans"). I hope everyone has a fun time while they're here.

Any suggestions on how to best spend a Saturday between Rounds in Tulsa?
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby ponyfan37 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 pm

FriscoPMG wrote:
ponyfan37 wrote:Tulsa is actually a great city. There obviously isn't as much to do as in Dallas, but there are plenty of great places to go if you're there for a weekend. Also, I think we have the nicest people in the world (outside of the delusional Tulsa "fans"). I hope everyone has a fun time while they're here.

If you're looking forward to going to a restaurant or bar I would either try and stay in downtown or make the short Uber ride to Cherry Street or Brookside.

Downtown: El Guapo's- Good Mexican restaurant with cool rooftop seating. If you're looking for a place to watch games, do not go here.
Yokozuna: I'm not a huge sushi person, but people have told me their sushi is great. Also not great for watching games.
Fassler Hall: Much better for watching games. If you like German food and beer this is your place. I think you have to be 21
McNellie's: May not find a better beer selection anywhere in the city. Quality food, too. Have TV's at the bar.
Albert G's: Not my favorite BBQ, but still pretty good. Lots of TV's.
Dust Bowl: Bowling Alley and bar (all ages can get in until 8 pm). Can be fun place if you want to be with your family, but also want to drink and watch games. This is not your typical bowling alley, it is very nice.

Cherry Street: Andolini's Pizza- One of my favorite pizza places in town.
Hideaway Pizza: Also a very good pizza place (best crust). Great place for families. Don't need to be at the bar to see a TV.
Mi Cocina: Obviously, you Dallas folks know Mi Cocina.

Brookside: The Brook- Nice sit-down restaurant. Best cheese fries in town. Lots of TV's at the bar.
Charleston's: One of my favorites. A lot like Houston's (I like Charleston's more). Vast menu.
In the Raw: Known for their sushi, but rice bowls and salads are very good. My favorite Asian restaurant in town.
Mondo's: One of my favorite Italian restaurants. Pretty small though.
Weber's Root Beer: Traditional Tulsa place. Make their own burgers and root beer. No TV's.
Claud's: Same as Weber's minus the root beer.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it. I'll put my preferences.

Families: Dust Bowl if you aren't eating (plenty of restaurants right by Dust Bowl). If you want to sit down and eat I would say Andolini's, Hideaway, Charleston's or In the Raw.

21+: If you're looking for more of a bar to watch games at I would say Fassler Hall. I would suggest McNellie's for drinking purposes, but the TV situation isn't as ideal.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby ponyfan37 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Go to Utica Square for shopping. If you like art, Philbrook has a great collection and is on beautiful property. Neither are very far from downtown.
Pony up!
ponyfan37
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Meeting place before the game on Friday?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:32 am

ponyfan37 wrote:
FriscoPMG wrote:

If you're looking forward to going to a restaurant or bar I would either try and stay in downtown or make the short Uber ride to Cherry Street or Brookside.

Downtown: El Guapo's- Good Mexican restaurant with cool rooftop seating. If you're looking for a place to watch games, do not go here.
Yokozuna: I'm not a huge sushi person, but people have told me their sushi is great. Also not great for watching games.
Fassler Hall: Much better for watching games. If you like German food and beer this is your place. I think you have to be 21
McNellie's: May not find a better beer selection anywhere in the city. Quality food, too. Have TV's at the bar.
Albert G's: Not my favorite BBQ, but still pretty good. Lots of TV's.
Dust Bowl: Bowling Alley and bar (all ages can get in until 8 pm). Can be fun place if you want to be with your family, but also want to drink and watch games. This is not your typical bowling alley, it is very nice.

Cherry Street: Andolini's Pizza- One of my favorite pizza places in town.
Hideaway Pizza: Also a very good pizza place (best crust). Great place for families. Don't need to be at the bar to see a TV.
Mi Cocina: Obviously, you Dallas folks know Mi Cocina.

Brookside: The Brook- Nice sit-down restaurant. Best cheese fries in town. Lots of TV's at the bar.
Charleston's: One of my favorites. A lot like Houston's (I like Charleston's more). Vast menu.
In the Raw: Known for their sushi, but rice bowls and salads are very good. My favorite Asian restaurant in town.
Mondo's: One of my favorite Italian restaurants. Pretty small though.
Weber's Root Beer: Traditional Tulsa place. Make their own burgers and root beer. No TV's.
Claud's: Same as Weber's minus the root beer.

If I think of anything else, I'll add it. I'll put my preferences.

Families: Dust Bowl if you aren't eating (plenty of restaurants right by Dust Bowl). If you want to sit down and eat I would say Andolini's, Hideaway, Charleston's or In the Raw.

21+: If you're looking for more of a bar to watch games at I would say Fassler Hall. I would suggest McNellie's for drinking purposes, but the TV situation isn't as ideal.

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask.

Good work loved the Irish digs if you can sit at the bar.
One Trick Pony

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 am

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Mercy, are some of you guys coming straight to the game from your Alcoholics Anonymous meeting?

Many guys on PonyFans are in denial about
their alcohol problems & I am certainly one of them!

Why some complain about lack of alcohol sales at the venue is beyond me.

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:27 am

FriscoPMG wrote:

If you want a true get away, drive over the Bentonville, AR and go to the Crystal Bridges museum. Backed and built by the Walton family it is supposedly a true masterpiece, although I have yet to get there myself.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby okcponyfan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:27 am

FriscoPMG wrote:

If you are a hardcore basketball fan, the thunder are playing i believe the kings in a saturday matinee in okc.
okcponyfan
Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball