PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NIT thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: NIT thread

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:06 am

LA_Mustang wrote:You're wrong. TCU is in the Big 12, their NIT win thumps anything we do in conference by a mile. Nationally their program is ahead of ours. But, hey....go Frogs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:17 am

LA_Mustang wrote:I'm Chris Hope class of 1996. Can you tell me why I'm a puppet? I bet you will never give your name and grad year. But I'm the puppet

If you are worried about people being anonymous behind screen names then I suggest changing yours to your name.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby deucetz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:11 am

Overall I get the sentiment of the growing prominence of TCU basketball. I knew after they won the NIT, this board will have a few chuckles.

SMU needs to strive to be like TCU in terms of their athletic acumen. They have a great football and baseball programs, and they seem to be on the upswing the basketball. All we can do as SMU fans in continue to support our program, and hope that our university gives the basketball team the needed resources to continue our success.
deucetz
All-American

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:54 am

PonyPlayer4 wrote:You called yourself a puppet, not me.

BTW, you want to revisit your option that Semi will not get drafted??
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Grant Carter wrote:If you are worried about people being anonymous behind screen names then I suggest changing yours to your name.

:lol:
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:49 pm

NM
Last edited by mustangxc on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mustangxc

Postby Stallion » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:49 pm

deucetz wrote:Overall I get the sentiment of the growing prominence of TCU basketball. I knew after they won the NIT, this board will have a few chuckles.

SMU needs to strive to be like TCU in terms of their athletic acumen. They have a great football and baseball programs, and they seem to be on the upswing the basketball. All we can do as SMU fans in continue to support our program, and hope that our university gives the basketball team the needed resources to continue our success.

not really telling us anything we don't know-and there is overwhelming evidence that SMU is emphasizing its basketball program well above its profile and has been for 4 year. Moody, Crum, Larry Brown's salary, Jank's Assistant salary was the highest in the Country, private jets for recruiting. a huge increase in assistants/support staff. What exactly is the problem-we are funding above our AAC competition and similar to a P5 program
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby jimhagle » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:35 pm

TCU pretty much had a cake walk through the NIT.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:00 pm

Most experts declared this year's bubble the weakest in several years so in turn the NIT field was as weak as it has been in several years. Again, it is a solid accomplishment for TCU but not that big a deal either. I am more baffled by those that would prefer an NIT championship to an NCAA appearance. I would much rather have been one and done in the NCAA tournament in 2014 than our runner-up finish in the NIT. I would argue the same even if we had won the NIT that year.
mustangxc

Postby oilpony » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:06 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:The lack of hardcore, passionate fans with hate for TCU, or anyone else relevant, is why we are where we are - dying a slow death in the pursuit of P5 relevance. Our fan base can't even garner enough hate for our only true relevant rival to root against them in a meaningful game. We are done. Accept it.

Good grief man. Step back from the ledge. Maybe the SMU fans base has better things to do than sit around and drum up hatred for some team playing in the NIT.
oilpony
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:07 pm

oilpony wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:The lack of hardcore, passionate fans with hate for TCU, or anyone else relevant, is why we are where we are - dying a slow death in the pursuit of P5 relevance. Our fan base can't even garner enough hate for our only true relevant rival to root against them in a meaningful game. We are done. Accept it.

Good grief man. Step back from the ledge. Maybe the SMU fans base has better things to do than sit around and drum up hatred for some team playing in the NIT.

I had to eat baby back ribs from Opies
smupony94

Postby oilpony » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:34 pm

smupony94 wrote:
oilpony wrote:

You just had to rub that in, didn't you.
oilpony
All-American

Postby smupony94 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 pm

oilpony wrote:
smupony94 wrote:
oilpony wrote:[quote="LA_Mustang"]The lack of hardcore, passionate fans with hate for TCU, or anyone else relevant, is why we are where we are - dying a slow death in the pursuit of P5 relevance. Our fan base can't even garner enough hate for our only true relevant rival to root against them in a meaningful game. We are done. Accept it.

You just had to rub that in, didn't you.[/quote]

The dry rub is the best part
smupony94

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:40 pm

During my recent trip to Austin and Llano I passed by Opies on Hwy 70(?). Is that the one you guys talk about. I passed it about 3 different times and it was never open.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smupony94 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:42 pm

mrydel wrote:During my recent trip to Austin and Llano I passed by Opies on Hwy 70(?). Is that the one you guys talk about. I passed it about 3 different times and it was never open.

Yep, in Spicewood
smupony94

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball