PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NIT thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: NIT thread

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:47 pm

What do you have to do to get them to open? I went by on weekdays mid afternoon, and early evening and then about 9:00pm. No cars no life.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smupony94 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:50 pm

Walk in, they are open
smupony94

Postby oilpony » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:27 pm

mrydel wrote:During my recent trip to Austin and Llano I passed by Opies on Hwy 70(?). Is that the one you guys talk about. I passed it about 3 different times and it was never open.

Yessir
oilpony
All-American

Postby SMUer » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:19 pm

Fun Fact: Tulsa beat Alabama to win the 2001 NIT...did you know that? Neither did I. Neither do most people. Can we harbor an inferiority complex about their basketball prowess too?
SMUer

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:21 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:
PonyPlayer4 wrote:You called yourself a puppet, not me.

BTW, you want to revisit your option that Semi will not get drafted??

Oh man you are triggered looking up jokes from 6 weeks ago! It is just a funny Donald Trump quote....

Regarding Semi, at the time he was off the radar. A lot can happen the last 6 weeks of a season, and he played great down the stretch. We will see where he gets evaluated at in May.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 am

SMUer wrote:Fun Fact: Tulsa beat Alabama to win the 2001 NIT...did you know that? Neither did I. Neither do most people. Can we harbor an inferiority complex about their basketball prowess too?

Well, Tulsa does have a pretty good bball history and has won the NIT twice and the CBI once. They have 10 NIT appearances to our 3, but since we only care about the NCAA these days...Tulsa also has more NCAA appearances than we have (16 vs 10), although SMU has a better W-L record in the Tourney and did make a Final Four appearance long before the field grew to 64/68. Does that trump Tulsa's Elite 8 appearance in 2000? BTW, the NIT was THE TOURNAMENT once upon a time. Tulsa is a good bball conference mate as they are usually pretty competitive.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:14 am

SMUer wrote:Fun Fact: Tulsa beat Alabama to win the 2001 NIT...did you know that? Neither did I. Neither do most people. Can we harbor an inferiority complex about their basketball prowess too?

Well, Tulsa does have a pretty good bball history and has won the NIT twice and the CBI once. They have 10 NIT appearances to our 3, but since we only care about the NCAA these days...Tulsa also has more NCAA appearances than we have (16 vs 10), although SMU has a better W-L record in the Tourney and did make a Final Four appearance long before the field grew to 64/68. Does that trump Tulsa's Elite 8 appearance in 2000? BTW, the NIT was THE TOURNAMENT once upon a time. Tulsa is a good bball conference mate as they are usually pretty competitive.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball