PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jarrey

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jarrey

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:41 pm

ponyte wrote:Jarrey has been impressive all year for the things he does that aren't in the stats. Over and over he keeps balls alive by tapping the ball out on offensive rebounds. he doesn't get the credit but he sure has an assist for the offensive rebound. His defense has been rock solid as has his rebounding. HIs offense has improved and I think next year he could be one of our recognized outstanding players.

Our entire team does a good job of keeping balls alive that they can't secure. One of the most impressive things about this group that has earned them such a huge advantage in rebounding vs our opponents
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:51 pm

SMUstangs22 wrote:Interested to see how the guys do in the first 4 mins on Friday (including Jarrey). Part of me thinks nerves and part of me thinks killer instinct

Nerves happen. At the beginning of the Cincy game Semi air-balled a three and Sterling missed two of three free throws. But still they maintained a lead wire to wire. It just allowed the dozen or so fatalist here to look for the razor blade.

40 minutes is 40 minutes. We'll get over it... hopefully before the other guys do.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:09 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
SMUstangs22 wrote:Interested to see how the guys do in the first 4 mins on Friday (including Jarrey). Part of me thinks nerves and part of me thinks killer instinct

Nerves happen. At the beginning of the Cincy game Semi air-balled a three and Sterling missed two of three free throws. But still they maintained a lead wire to wire. It just allowed the dozen or so fatalist here to look for the razor blade.

40 minutes is 40 minutes. We'll get over it... hopefully before the other guys do.

And that will be the key...settling down before our opponent who unfortunately will already have one win under their belts. When you live and die by the three, anything can happen.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Interesting to hear Jank in his interview say they have been talking about how to prepare for the game for the past month. And basically it was just to keep doing what they have been doing.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:49 pm

Am I the only one who heard a rumor about an injury to Jarrey at the end of the game?
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby mrydel » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:51 pm

He appeared hurt at one point in the game where he went to the floor but I have heard nothing.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Stallion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:26 pm

he hit the floor hard after the drive and missed monster jam (which drew a foul) late in the game

It is unfathomable how SMU got through this season with no critical injuries when 1 could have derailed everything
Last edited by Stallion on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU Section F » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 pm

flockofseagulls wrote:
PonyBait wrote:On a lot of plays I see Jarrey blow by his defender and it looks like he can rise up for a dunk but chooses to dribble under the rim or pass it out. If he starts converting those he could be a very scary player

Ryan Manuel didnt get consistently vicious around the basket until his senior year, right? maybe that comes with time/confidence/seniority for some...

Definitely. I'm no player, but seems like there is a lot of "feel" needed on those plays. No substitute for experience.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby Top Twenty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm

He broke his foot on the play. What a warrior.
Top Twenty
Junior Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Top Twenty wrote:He broke his foot on the play. What a warrior.

Really??? So had we won.....
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Stallion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Checked Play-by-Play-his drive and attempted jam came with 9:43 left in 2nd Half. Ben is sitting on bench with foul trouble-guess he just gutted it out
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby Top Twenty » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Reliable source.
Top Twenty
Junior Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:16 pm

I heard the same.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Stallion » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:20 pm

I guess CBS doesn't have replays-anybody find it on web. Now I want to see last 9:43 to see how it affected his play especially on defense on those USC 3s. BTW he did have a big Offensive rebound with about a 1 1/2 minutes that led to one of Shake's late 3s

Stallion

Postby edwa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:07 pm

He is definitely injured, his snap has him with a boot on last night on his left foot.

But this morning there wasn't one and normal shoes, so probably not a big injury.
Last edited by edwa on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edwa
Junior Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball