PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Wichita St seems likely to join AAC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Wichita St seems likely to join AAC

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:45 am

WSU fields 13 teams in men's and women's sports compared to our 16. Not sure what the AAC will require but I agree they would be a great addition in hoops and I like having 12 members instead of the current 11. I assume they would join SMU, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane & Memphis in the west and we would play them home/home in bball every year and play an 18 game conference schedule, with just one game each year against the eastern division schools. Works for me.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Arkpony » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:06 am

I was visiting with 2 female grads of WS and they were very hyped about joining us, and were very high on Semi, expressing hope that he stays with us another year.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:20 am

Charleston Pony wrote:WSU fields 13 teams in men's and women's sports compared to our 16. Not sure what the AAC will require but I agree they would be a great addition in hoops and I like having 12 members instead of the current 11. I assume they would join SMU, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane & Memphis in the west and we would play them home/home in bball every year and play an 18 game conference schedule, with just one game each year against the eastern division schools. Works for me.

Yeah without football they can get by with just 13 sports and keep the scholarships even. I would think The American is fine with their current sports considering they are already aware of the lack of football.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:59 am

I think it's funny some think the Shockers will run roughshod over the AAC
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 am

hoopmanx wrote:I think it's funny some think the Shockers will run roughshod over the AAC

Like TCU, they retain a very solid core for next year. And this move should benefit their recruiting going forward. But roughshod? LOL.....hook those people up with the Boneyard.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Puckhead48E » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:15 am

The boneyard is probably taking this to mean the conference will get worse and be more of a reason for UCONN to suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:23 am

Puckhead48E wrote:The boneyard is probably taking this to mean the conference will get worse and be more of a reason for UCONN to suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course they are...maybe you should troll them and explain it's Wichita FALLS State.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby CoxMustangFan » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:25 pm

hoopmanx wrote:I think it's funny some think the Shockers will run roughshod over the AAC

You'll love their fans.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 am

CoxMustangFan wrote:

You'll love their fans.

Everyone loves Cousin Eddie
smupony94

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:27 am

The novelty will wear off fast. Gregggg is one of the biggest [deleted] in all of basketball and in listening to their fans you would think they've had 40 years of success. I know all fan bases have their issues, but these guys are straight delusional.

WSU returns their entire team next year, and quite frankly, will likely win the AAC unless Semi is back (and even then...). Then you'll all get to experience the joy that is Greggggg.

Then after blowing their wad next year, they'll go into massive rebuild mode (losing 7 seniors). Just what the AAC needed, a rebuilding commuter school. Don't we already have the market cornered on those?
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Top Twenty » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:46 am

Don't undersell them. They have a long history of success and support dating back to the Dave Stallworth era. They fit right in there with Creighton, Butler, and the Zags.
Top Twenty
Junior Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 am

CoxMustangFan wrote:The novelty will wear off fast. Gregggg is one of the biggest [deleted] in all of basketball and in listening to their fans you would think they've had 40 years of success. I know all fan bases have their issues, but these guys are straight delusional.

WSU returns their entire team next year, and quite frankly, will likely win the AAC unless Semi is back (and even then...). Then you'll all get to experience the joy that is Greggggg.

Then after blowing their wad next year, they'll go into massive rebuild mode (losing 7 seniors). Just what the AAC needed, a rebuilding commuter school. Don't we already have the market cornered on those?

The devil you know. Seriously....Princeton wouldn't be half as much fun.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby mrydel » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:19 am

Perception is that they are very good. Perception is they have been good for a long time because it is the recent memory of most. Does not matter about their history or their future. What matters is their current perception and it will increase the stature of the AAC and that of WSU also.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby mustangxc » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:23 pm

At the same time Marshall had been pretty good in football for several years before they were invited to CUSA and what did they do?
mustangxc

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:11 pm

mrydel wrote:Perception is that they are very good. Perception is they have been good for a long time because it is the recent memory of most. Does not matter about their history or their future. What matters is their current perception and it will increase the stature of the AAC and that of WSU also.

So we want a poor school with the biggest a-hole coach in America, at a terrible commuter school, in the worst city in a low-population state because they've been the tallest midget in the circus for a few years? Got it. You always keep me straight Mr. Ydel!
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball