PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Whelp, great bad news

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Whelp, great bad news

Postby ponyboy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 am

I didn't realize that. I'm really not sure then what would keep him here, other than of course loyalty to SMU as well as the gamble that he'd go even higher in next year's draft.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Blunt Pony » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 am

His stock is probably about as high as it could be. He could stick around, have a great year and move up a few spots, but realistically he is POY and is done with school so I would imagine at the end of the day that he is gone. I wish that was not the case, but I think by sticking around he may only be hurting his draft position. Wish we had him for one more year, but that is life in the fast lane.
Blunt Pony
Varsity

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:15 am

Lots of arguments to make for a regular guy to go. He's not regular though, he's exceptional and will weigh things in his own way. His stock may not get higher, but next years draft is weak compared to this years. We're stacked next year if he returns, so could make a run. Not to mention the platform he'd have for his future brand, if SMU committed to promote him as NPOY candidate. That's alot of press. He's already too old, so next year vs this year, he's old either way. Who knows, but I don't think his decision is cut n dried.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:34 am

Who was he closest to on the team. If he was tight with Sterling and Ben that could figure in to his decision. If he pals with Jarrrey or Gu or Whitt, etc he may enjoy coming back. Hard to get inside an individual athlete's head.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby smupony94 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:42 am

mrydel wrote:Who was he closest to on the team. If he was tight with Sterling and Ben that could figure in to his decision. If he pals with Jarrrey or Gu or Whitt, etc he may enjoy coming back. Hard to get inside an individual athlete's head.

Froling
smupony94

Postby mrydel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:51 am

Then expect him to say Gd'bye mate.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby MFFL02 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:14 pm

smupony94 wrote:
mrydel wrote:Who was he closest to on the team. If he was tight with Sterling and Ben that could figure in to his decision. If he pals with Jarrrey or Gu or Whitt, etc he may enjoy coming back. Hard to get inside an individual athlete's head.

Froling

LOL :D :D :D :D
I miss Troy Matthews.
MFFL02
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball